Sunset

As the sun sets, my heart rises more for you

"Shamu!" She hugged him tightly as soon as she saw him. He arrived back yesterday but decided to meet him the next day so he could have all the time to rest. Three weeks were definitely long and it seemed like forever. She missed him so much and she's glad that he's now here.

A smile formed on his lips when he felt her warmth again. They didn't miss a day without face timing or messaging each other while he was away, but it's completely different when it's the real thing that's in front of him.

"So how's it living without the best person in the world?" He jokingly asked on the top of her head, gently kissing it, hoping she won't notice.

She looked up on Sean, her arms still around him. "Mm... It was better actually."

Sean slightly and playfully pushed her away. "Meanie!" He pouted. Kaycee bit the insides of her cheeks to restrain herself from smiling. Can he be not cute? "Stop pouting. It doesn't suit you. You look like a duck." She joked, followed by her uncontrollable and contagious laugh which made Sean laugh too, despite of wanting to pretend upset.

"I'm a cute duck though." He said.

"Yeah whatever, Donald Duck. Let's get inside."

He followed her inside their house. He really missed everything. He treated their home as also his, and her mom and dad, his non-biological parents. But he's certain that he missed a certain person so much. Her curly brown hair, her earth soil colored eyes, her rainbow smile, his home.

He got cut off from his thoughts when he heard Kaycee's parents' voices.

"Hey, son. How was the trip?" It was Brad, giving him a quick hug.

"It was fun. Amazing actually." He politely answered.

"You gotta teach me some little moves now." Brad said, trying to dance but he's just doing his signature dance move again that made them all laugh.

"Well, Kaycee could teach you better moves." He pointed at Kaycee but she just rolled her eyes. "I tried. I ended up giving up."

Brad jokingly furrowed his eyebrows while looking both Sean and his daughter. "You guys are pretty mean. You know that you got your dance skills from me." He pertained to Kaycee.

"I don't disagree, Dad. Thank you for this skill that I inherited from you." Kaycee sarcastically said.

"No worries." Brad answered, looking really proud while Sean kept on grinning.

Laura came in, with a phone in her hand. "Schedule has been set. Tomorrow, we're going at the lake house. Sean, you can come with us if you want to."

"That's cool!" He excitedly responded.

"You got extra clothes with you?— Oh, I shouldn't have asked I know that the  Sean Lew always has a pair of  clothes in his magic back pack." Kaycee smirked.

He shrugged, "Well, it's always better to be ready!"

She chuckled, before picking her phone from her pocket. "I texted Tahani. She's also going with us." Kaycee reminded.

While waiting for the dinner, they decided to watch TV which got interrupted when they heard Tahani's voice echoing around the house.

"What's Gucciii?!" She yelled, running towards them. Kaycee squealed, running to meet her bestfriend and enclosed her in her arms. Sean followed her, smiling.