Chapter Twenty Five

So, I decided to treat you all with this quick update! I hope you enjoy it!

_______________________________________
************************************

     You sat down on the edge of the gigantic bed. You were thinking about what Laughing Jack said. Well, what he thought. He loves you.

     "Would you like to kill him?" Your voice asks. Your eyes open wide.

     'What? No! I don't want to kill anyone else' you think to yourself, responding to your voice.

     "Ugh! Fine... but, how do you feel about it?" Your voice asks.

     'What do you mean "how I feel about it"?' you question your voice.

     "I mean... how do you feel about him loving you? Do you love him back?" Your voice asks.

     'I don't know! I mean, I feel a little uncomfortable that he loves me, but... I don't think I love him back. He's been nice and all to me, but he's not even human. Well, I guess I'm not exactly human either, but still!' You think to yourself.

     "So, do you love the clown?" Your other voice asks. You sigh.

     'I'm not sure. I don't think I do. How will I know? What signs will I show?' You think to yourself as you stare at the ground.

     "Well, the obviously sign would be if he's on your mind all the time. Another sign could be "butterflies" in the stomach when he is near you or touches you," your voice replied. You sat there and thought about it.

     "Hey," Laughing Jack said as he woke up. He sat up and then moved over next to you. You looked up at him. You honestly forgot he was still in the bed.

     'Hey,' you telepathically responded. He chuckled.

     "Did you... sleep well?" He asks in a smooth and soothing voice. His British accent made it sound even nicer to you.

     'I slept fine. Thanks for asking,' you replied. He smiled down at you before chuckling some more.

     "That's good to hear. With all the kicking you did in your sleep, I was a little worried," he says as he then softly laughs a little. Your eyes shot wide open.

     'I kicked? How much? Did I hurt you?' You ask. He laughs.

     "You kicked me a bunch and it hurt... a lot," he replies. You instinctively get up and start checking him.

     'Are you okay? Where does it hurt?' You ask him. He gently pushes you away, laughing.

     "I'm fine. There's no need to check on me. It's okay, (Y/N)," he says, "anyways...do you want me to show you around?" You look up at him and then nod. He smiles as he then stands up. He makes his way out of the tent as you follow him.

     He walks you to a bunch of mini carnival games. You look up at him and then back at the carnival games. they had those demon-looking stuffed animals hanging there. Pieces of rope were tied around their necks as they slowly swung from left to right. Creepy.

     "Here's all the carnival games. Would you like to play any of them?" He asks. You stare at him for a moment before you step toward one of the games.

     'How do you play this one?' You ask.

     "Well, it's simple," he says as he steps closer to you, "you see all those balloons on the wall furthest from us? All you have to do is take these three, pointy darts and pop as many balloons as you can. If you can pop three balloons, you can get a huge prize." You look at the stuffed animals and then back at him.