"This isn't real..." I muttered.

She smiled knowingly before looking up at the falling sky. "You're right." She says in agreement.

I narrowed my eyes at her in confusion.

She stands on her toes before whispering in my ear. "It's not real."

As if my body was pulled from underwater, I gasped instantly sitting up on my bed. My breathing is heavy and coughs roughly escape my mouth.

The bond was getting stronger and Farah's invisible pull was dangerously arousing more feelings towards her.

I growl before getting out of my bed and slipping on a T-shirt before heading out of my quarters.

It was still dark out and the pack was nearly silent. I walk down the hallway before making my way to the pack's corporation center.

I open the door to my office before sitting on my desk. I had diplomatic deals and alliances with other packs that needed to be made and I had to focus on other formidable responsibilities.

"Adonis..." My mother's voice says causing my body to tense. I look up from my desk to see her worried eyes glaring at me. "Are you alright?"

"Yes..." I answered bitterly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You think your quarters are sound proof? I've been hearing you wake up distraught for two consecutive days now. Now tell me, son? What mother wouldn't worry?"

"It's nothing..."

"Adonis, when your father was Alpha he used to do the same thing." She tells me.

"What are you trying to say?" I question her.

"Maybe this is some generational curse or something that is passed down from Alpha to Alpha. You need to speak with the ethereal queen first thing in the morning. Who knows how deep this can run?" My mother contrives.

I roll my eyes before shaking my head. My mother was the only person in my family line who still believed in generational curses and sins.

"I'm fine. I have just been a little off lately." I admit.

Her eyes widen before she claps her hands together as if her point was made. "Exactly another reason why you should see the ethereal queen."

I sighed putting some documents to the side ignoring her. I could hear her chuckle before she speaks once again.

"You're right," she whispers. "You have been off lately. You are barely congregating with your father, you brought a whole other pack into our borders, and you still haven't found a claim."

I clenched my jaw before giving her a look of warning.

"Adonis you have been Alpha for more than a year now and you still haven't given this pack a strong Luna." She gasps to herself. "The curse must want to eliminate our royal line by not allowing you to find a claim. You need to see the ether-"

"I claimed someone..." I growled out.

My mother's face grows pale. She looks out the door to make sure no one else was near before she closes the door and locks it shut.