Chapter 24: Confusion

Thanks to my finding Kagura last, I was joining the Nagasaki group for a month. Sion, Hotaka and I would be representing Edo.

"This'll be fun." I grinned at my new team. It consisted of me, Sion, Hotaka, Asagi, Ukyo, Eduard, Kagura, and Makoto. I was still the only girl but it didn't matter. I got to experience life in another big city. I couldn't wait.

"You are expected to follow my every order. Insubordination will not be tolerated or there will be punishments. While you are residing in Nagasaki, the three of you will remain in my control and be in my employment. Am I understood?" Makoto's stern voice cut through the fun atmosphere, dissolving it instantly. The three of us agreed with him and got information about our jobs. It seemed pretty easy. We'd be working in the Meiko Salon with Kagura for the month. Sion would be a natural since he worked at his family's huge store in Edo. Hotaka and I would be fine as well since we occasionally helped out Sion as he worked.

We were then shown to our rooms. Mine was near Makoto's while the guys were staying elsewhere, near Kagura.

"So, looking forward to your month here?" Asagi was in my room as I unpacked and I sent him a friendly smile.

"Of course I am. It'll be a nice change of pace while not really changing. The perfect amount of difference in my life."

"That the only reason you're excited?" Crossing over to me, Asagi raised an eyebrow. 

"Why else should I be excited to be here?" I gave him a playful smile. When he gave a pout, I laughed and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. "Obviously I can't wait to spend more time with you. You're my friend."

"If you stay in Nagasaki, we can try being more than friends. Something to think about." Speaking casually, Asagi pressed his lips to mine before leaving. I wasn't sure why he joked like that. He knew I couldn't stay in Nagasaki and he knew I had no intention of dating someone. He was handsome, but a weird man. Wonderful friend though.

"Keomi!" Shortly after Asagi left, my door flew open as Hotaka lunged at me, pulling me against his chest. I enjoyed being wrapped in his- MY- sweet fragrance.

"Hey. Finished unpacking already? Or, let me guess, is Sion unpacking for you?" I gave him a knowing smile as I chuckled.

"Come on, I'll show you around Nagasaki!" Completely ignoring my question, Hotaka pulled me from my room. It wasn't fair that he was using his masculine grip when his smile seemed so sweet and innocent.

"You know it well enough to show me around?" I was happy to learn something new about him.

"Of course! I travel to Nagasaki often for plays and kabuki shows! I can't wait to show you all the beautiful places!" Rubbing his cheek against my head, Hotaka clutched my hand as we exited the building. Since we arrived today, the store was closed so Kagura could have one more day to relax.

"You weren't planning on leaving me behind so you could spend time with Keomi alone, now were you, Hotaka?" With a slightly sinister smile, Sion came up behind us and grabbed my other hand. It was just like home, me sandwiched between two of my best friends. And so, I let the pair of them lead me around Nagasaki.

.

"You did wonderfully tonight, Keomi." Eduard gave me a smile as we jumped between roofs. It had been a week since I arrived in Nagasaki and I was enjoying it. It didn't matter where I was, there was always people deserving to be killed.

"The only reason I would have done well would be due to your guidance, Eduard. I know that I wouldn't have been able to do the job confidently had I been uneasy in my surroundings." I returned his smile with one of my own.