Chapter 22: Surprises

My head was resting against Sion as I draped my legs over Hotaka's lap. I was sitting with all the ninjas in the large dining room as we waited. As soon as we arrived back at the inn, everyone gathered so I could give them one final piece of information. We had a final guest joining us. They were almost as surprised about that as they were to see the leaders dressed as women. I didn't think Aoi or Ukyo would ever stop laughing. I got everyone to agree to keep the attack between us for now until I thought of what I wanted to do.

As we waited for our two leaders and the final guest to finish their meeting, I looked around the room. I saw Natsume, Yuzuki, and Kagura already sleep, with Soji slowly drifting off too. I saw Ukyo place his coat on Natsume, reminding me of the night before.

Just as my eyes began to droop, the door opened, jolting me awake.

"It's been decided!" Nobu, yes, Yoshinobu Tokugawa, our shogunate, was the final guest for the vacation. He invited himself when I told him my idea in Edo.

"About time. You guys want to tell us what you've been talking about for so long?" Aoi's voice sounded annoyed. And he was, but only because he started the terrible task of waking up Soji.

"We all decided-"

"The Shogun decided." Makoto gave Kinshiro a look as he interrupted him.

"Right. The Shogun decided that we should mix our two groups and send some to Nagasaki and the others to Edo." It was clear that Kin hated that idea by the way his cheek twitched when he smiled.

"Team building and bonding!" Clapping his hands happily, Nobu looked at all of us. "You may not all interact together, but you should know how to in case you need to."

"How is this going to work? We all have jobs." Frowning, I pulled my legs off Hotaka as I sat up. 

"I've already decided who will switch with help from your leaders." Pulling out a piece of paper, Nobu showed us all the list.

Nagasaki 

Asagi

Eduard

Kagura

Ukyo

Hotaka

Sion

Edo

Soji

Natsume

Aoi

Wakasa

Shintaro

Yuzuki

"Keomi isn't on it." I saw Natsume's eyes move over the list again. I had been about to bring that up myself.

"Where is she going?" Yuzuki was looking between me and the list.

"We couldn't decide. I want her to remain in Edo." Kinshiro had his arms crossed.

"You should allow her to experience living in another city. After all, she's the only one in both groups to never see Nagasaki." Makoto also had his arms crossed.