Chapter 6: Support

"You better be awake!" I heard a shout, pulling me out of sleep. I groaned when I saw the morning light shining through the window and pulled my blanket over my head. As soon as I heard footsteps moving quickly towards my room, I remembered.

Aoi is coming!

I hurried out of my futon and fixed my night clothes that got slightly twisted as I slept. As I was fixing the part around my chest, my door opened, showing Aoi standing there. His eyes widened when he saw me and I looked down. I hadn't finished fixing my appearance and my cleavage was clearly visible. A lot of it to be honest.

"So is that because I was coming or do you normally welcome men like that?" He grinned as he looked at me and I rolled my eyes, covering myself.

"You wish it was for you. I was actually hoping for anyone else. Imagine my disappointment." I smirked as he chuckled, flicking my forehead.

"Aren't you a funny one this morning. Here, sit." He moved my mirror and pointed at a seat. I sat down and he set out his tools, lighting incense. I inhaled the calming scent and smiled.

"That smells wonderful." I looked at him in the mirror as he combed my hair with a gentle expression.

"I like having the scent soak into the hair. And I was right. Your hair is incredibly soft. You take good care of it. It's beautiful." He seemed happy as he started moving my hair up.

"I'm glad you approve." I relaxed and let him do what he wanted with my hair. As soon as he was done, he turned me towards him and started on my makeup. He seemed happy as he worked on me. It didn't take him long to finish my makeup.

I looked in the mirror and a smile formed instantly. I looked beautiful. Tilting my head in every direction, I was happy with my reflection.

"It's incredible. Thank you so much!" I wrapped my arms around Aoi, hugging him tight.

He hugged me back. "I told you I wouldn't need much makeup. You were pretty good to begin with."

I placed my hand over my heart and fake swooned. "You are too kind."

He grinned and packed up his tools and went to the door. "Get dressed. You don't want to be late on your first day. I'll see you later."

I picked through my kimonos and jewelry and put together an outfit I knew would look good with my hair and makeup.

Looking in the mirror again, I was satisfied with my appearance.

I headed out of Kyokatei and headed to the tea house. The owner was waiting outside and seemed relieved to see me.

"You came! Oh this is wonderful! And you look wonderful!" He ushered me inside the tea house and instantly took me to the stage where I sat down. There was already a large number of people sitting at tables.

Taking a breath, I began playing the koto and singing, just like the night before. When I finished, I bowed my head and went to get up, only to have the owner place his hands on my shoulders, stopping me.