Chapter one: Nico Di Angelo

It's four in the morning as Nico looks out the bedroom window of his foster parents house. It was the first day of junior year for him and at a brand new school; of course he was nervous. Every year or two he has to switch schools every time he goes to a new foster home. He gets up, realizing that he should get to bed so he can get some sleep. He did not sleep that night, instead drew pictures in his journal of anything and everything. He drew pictures of all his favorite Greek gods, hating all of them. He wrote down the attack powers of each god from his favorite childhood game, Mythomagic. He looked at the time; six in the morning. He got up and got ready for school, grabbing his black jeans and his skull shirt. He looks in the mirror, judging everything about him. The scars along his arms to his oh so pale skin, his messy hair that he hadn't cut in years, to his gauntley figure. He put on his aviator jacket, and with a sigh, he went out the door and off to school. Thankfully the school was across the street from him so it wasn't a long walk. He went in and everyone had gawked at him. He shrugged it off thinking that it's just because he was new. Nico goes up to locker 409 and struggles to put in the combination. He never had to use a combination lock before so it was hard. A boy went over to him. He had blonde, messy hair, blue eyes, an orange shirt, and some black jeans.

"Need any help?" The blonde boy said.

Nico jumped,"Uh-uh-uh yeah."

The blonde boy grabbed the slip of paper with the combination on it and unlocked it easily. He turned around and smiled, dropped the paper in Nico's hands, and left without another word. Nico was in aw, he quickly shook it off, dropped off his stuff, then went to class.

-After school-

He hadn't seen the blonde, blue-eyed boy all day, not that he was expecting to or anything. Nico didn't feel like going back home so quickly. He checked his pockets, scraped about seven dollars and eighty-seven cents, then walked down to the convenience store on the corner. He walked in, the little bell ringing indicating someone's arrival. He walked to the back of the store where they had kept the all the good stuff he had liked. He dropped the pack on the counter along with some gummy worms.

"ID please." The man said.

Nico held up his ID showing he was, indeed, eighteen. He payed for the cigarettes then left the little shop. He started walking down the street and went to the park. He kicked around some pebbles here and there as he walked the twenty-five minutes to the park. He gazed around the park, little kids running around with big smiles on their faces as they're chased around by their parents and friends. Neither of which Nico had. He put his earbuds in and put on Friend Please as he walked around the park. He leaned against a lamp post a few feet away from the park and lit a cigarette. He put the cigarette up to his lips and closed his eyes until a tap on his shoulder pulled him away from his thoughts. It was the blonde, blue-eyed boy that helped him open his locker.

"Hey!" The blonde, blue-eyed boy said enthusiastically.

"Oh, hey." He said taking out his earbuds and pausing his music.

The blonde, blue-eyed boy grinned widely, blue eyes striking with excitement. Nico observed the blonde, blue-eyed boy. His hair was wavy and went down a bit above his cheekbones, broad shoulders with a loose shirt hanging off of them.

"You shouldn't smoke you know," The blonde, blue-eyed boy says taking Nico's cigarette out of his hand, "it isn't good for your health. You can get lung cancer and other health problems."

"What are you, a doctor or something" Nico says annoyed.

"Well my dad is a doctor and I'm studying it so same difference." The blonde, blue-eyed boy said.

"You can't tell me what to do, I don't know anything about you," Nico was really annoyed now, " Not even your name."

"Well, I am Will Solace, future-doctor, nice to meet you." Will stuck out his hand for me to shake. Nico didn't shake Will's hand.

"Er- Nico Di Angelo." Nico said awkwardly. Luckily, he was saved by his phone going off.

"I have to go home"

"Okay! See you at school!" Will said as he waved goodbye and ran down the track.

Word count: 795

A/n: errrr I know this is so baddddddd. I'll try to update this regularly and more better, this was more of an introduction kind of thing. Leave feedback please.

Have a good day/night you lovely people.