Crossed Directions - Chapter 17: The amusement park

Start from the beginning

“Sorry.” I muttered, lowering myself to reach the packet of food.

Destiny had other plans for me apparently. The car jumped up a bit, probably a hole in the road or something and I fell to the floor, crashing onto my packet. I grabbed the packet with my left hand and attempted to get up. I said attempted because it is not easy to get up from a moving car in a bumpy road.

Thankfully, someone had mercy and extended his or her hand to help me. I gratefully, took the hand and looked up to my savior.

“Be careful.” Liam smiled.

“Thanks.” I replied and returned to my seat next to him.

I opened my bag, trying to not spill anything, and tasted heaven. Seriously, plantain chips are the best thing in life.

“Do you want some?” I said to Liam.

“Yeah thanks.” He replied while grabbing a handful.

“Does anyone want?” I said to the others.

“ME!” Mary, Viviane and Harry replied.

I passed the bag to Zayn who passed it to Viviane and eventually it reached Mary and Harry. At the end, we all ended grabbing a handful of plantain chips.

“Nice t-shirt.” Liam said while finishing his chips.

I looked down at my Marc Jacobs shirt and smiled.

“I bought it here.” I said.

“Really? So you have been shopping in England?” Liam said cleaning his hands from the remains of plantain chips.

“Yes, Viviane took us shopping the other day.” I said while copying his movements, and cleaning myself too.

“Cool. The malls here are very fabulous, as you notice.” He said.

“Yes, I agree. I loved the mall. I want to go there again before I leave England.” I said getting excited about the idea.

Shopping in England was really the best thing ever.

“Maybe I could invite you someday?” He said, waiting for an answer.

I smiled. “How could I refuse an invitation to a shopping spree with Mr. Payne?”

He was about to say something else when we got interrupted.

“WE ARR HERR” The driver exclaimed from the front in some heavy foreign accent.

We all quickly grabbed our scarce belongings and hopped off the car after saying goodbye to Sergei. I learned the name of the driver was Sergei when I overheard Harry having some intimate conversation with him. From the looks, it seemed like Harry confided his darkest secrets to a Russian limousine driver.

We walked a while in silence until we arrived to the entrance of the park. Guards were there, making secure no one entered except us of course. Once we passed the security we all ran to the closest place of the park to the entrance.

In front of us was what will be our first ride. A water roller coaster called Splashy Everest (A/N: I invented all the lame names of the roller coasters).

Here we go, I thought as we ventured on to the first roller coaster.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“I can’t believe Harry actually smiled to the photo. I mean, how did you know when they were going to take it?” I asked Harry while looking at our photos from a roller coaster.