chapter twenty one

John began to make his way over to Cas, who was curled up in a ball whimpering. Dean jumped on his back and began to yell. "IF YOU TOUCH HIM, I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" He looked at his poor boyfriend who had a terrified look in his eye. "RUN!" Cas did as he was told and ran up the stairs. He grabbed his phone and quickly dialed 911. After a few minutes of anxiously waiting, the police finally arrived and arrested John. Dean and Cas were rushed to the hospital to treat their wounds.

...

Cas woke up, unsure of where he was. He looked around and saw an IV bag dripping into his arm. I'm in the hospital? He carefully ripped the IV out of his arm and walked into the hallway. "I gotta find Dean," he whispered to himself. He was stopped by a nurse, "Excuse me, what are you doing out of bed?"

"Do you know where Dean Winchester is? I need to see him?"

"Sir, you need to go back to your room." Cas was two seconds away from losing his temper. His tone became angry. "Listen, Dean's my boyfriend, and I really need to make sure he's okay so can you just please tell me where he is and we won't have any trouble." The nurse rolled her eyes and looked down at her clipboard. "He's in room 221." Cas nodded and began to run down the hallway.

He slowly opened the door and entered the room. "Dean?" Cas's heart was beating a million beats a second. He was relieved when he saw Dean sitting there awake in the bed. "Oh, Dean! Thank God you're alright! I was so worried!" He hugged him tight with no intentions of letting go. Cas was surprised when he heard Dean begin to cry. "Dean, what's wrong?"

"Cas, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

"Baby, dont say that. None of this is your fault. And it's all over now okay? You're dad's locked up now, he can't get you." Dean continued to sob into Cas's shirt. "I l-love y-you," he said through the tears. "I love you too, Dean."

...

After a few days, Dean and Cas were able to go home. Sam and Ms. Novak threw them a little welcome home party when they arrived. Although John could never hurt them again, Dean felt his anxiety taking over his body and mind. He sat there at the table, not saying a word. "Dean, are you gonna eat your pie? Sam and I made it special." Dean simply shook his head no without making eye contact. "Dean, is everything okay?"

"Ya, I'm just tired. I think I'm gonna head to bed. Thanks for everything." He stood up and dragged his body up the stairs. "I'm gonna go check on him if that's okay," Cas added as soon as Dean was upstairs.

He found Dean laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.