"Please wake up."

(Park Chaeyoung as narrator)

How could this happen? I should've stopped her. I should've held her back. I should've done something. I'm waiting outside the nurse's room. Kira, Jessi, and Josh are here too. Jeremy was sent to the principal's office with the guy that punched (Y/N) in the face. It was silent among the four of us. Everyone had a concerned look on their face. I was more scared than anything. Kira was fidgeting, Jessi was pacing the floors, and Josh was staring at the ceiling. Suddenly the nurse came out, and we all crowd around her asking her questions. "She hasn't woken up yet. I'm sorry guys, but we're going to have to inform her parents and take her to the ER." The nurse said, looking at all of us individually with an apologetic look on her face. As the nurse walked back inside her office, I could feel my heart shattering. Kira broke down to the floor, and Josh followed. They held each other and Jessi stood against the wall with her head down. I had a sudden pain in my chest. I was trying to hold back tears, but I couldn't any longer. "I should've done something! I could've held her back! I could've stopped her!" I yelled out, scaring the others. I broke down, and I could feel the others' arms wrap around me. "Don't blame yourself, Chaeyoung." Josh said with a soft voice, as he sniffled. I couldn't stop my tears. I was so angry with myself. I should've done something. "This is all Jackson's fault. He started the whole fucking fight." Kira said angrily. Jackson. I hope he gets punished for this. Jessi hasn't said anything yet. Maybe's she's just as angry as we are.

Moments later, we heard footsteps running close by, it was Jeremy. Kira saw him and ran towards him. They held each other, and Kira started sobbing into his arms. "What's wrong? Where is she?" Jeremy said frantically, walking up to us, whilst trying to hold Kira up. "She's not waking up, Jeremy." Josh said, not looking up at him. "What? What do you mean?" Jeremy asked with a blank face. "She's not fucking waking up, Jeremy!" Jessi shouted into his face. "They're taking her to the ER." I said softly as I wiped my face with my sleeve. Jeremy broke down in the middle of the hall, and Kira held him. "You couldn't just take the fight outside the halls?" Jessi asked with her voice shaky. Jeremy stood up and looked at Jessi with a blank face. "You think I fucking wanted this to happen? You think I wanted something to happen to her? I didn't know she was gonna jump in and try to stop us. I didn't plan any of this. It was Jackson who started it, and I was trying to stop it." He paused, and his anger died down. "You know I would never do anything to hurt her." He said softly. It stayed silent, for a while. Then Jessi apologized. "I'm sorry too." And they hugged. "I'm just...angry. I don't know what to do." Jessi said, staring at the floor. They all crowd around her and held her, but she pushed them away, so she could be alone.

Suddenly, two paramedics appear from around the corner of the school hall, holding a trolley. They rushed passed us, and I could feel a tight grip on my arm. It was Kira's. She was hurt. Her best friend's being taken to the ER, because she's not waking up. The paramedics walked into the nurse's room, and I felt a hand on my back. "If they ask who's going with her, you go. Okay?" Josh said, wiping his tears. "What? Why me? You guys are her best friends." I said. "You live closest with her, and as much as the teachers love (Y/N), they're not going to let us skip to be with her. We all have tests too. But as long as we know someone's with her, we'll feel easier." He said, and everyone nod their heads. Minutes later, the paramedics walk out. And there she was, lying on the trolley, unconscious. Her nose, purple, and her lips bruised. Kira turned away, and Jeremy held her hand. "Are you guys her friends?" one of the paramedics asked, and we all nod our heads. "Which one of you is coming with us?" They asked. They all point at me. One of the paramedics looked at me and nod "Let's go."

I couldn't look at her without wanting to cry. She looked like she was in pain, and I couldn't stand to see her like that. The heart rate monitor kept beeping, making me feel uneasy. The paramedic that sat in the back, looked at me "Your girlfriend?" he asked. I felt my face turn warm. "No, she's a good friend of mine." I said and he apologized. "Is she going to be okay?" I asked after a moment of silence. He looked at me and shook his head. "I can't give you a definite answer right now, but we're going to do the best we can. She's still alive, that's for sure. But we need to examine why she's not waking up. That punch must've been something." He said, and it was quiet again. I wanted to let out a cry, but I tried to hold it together. I know Jackson didn't mean to hurt her, but I couldn't help but be angry at him. He hurt her. I don't care if it was by accident. I don't care. (Y/N)'s hurt because of him. And I wanted him to pay.