January 9th

Thursday, January 9th, 2014

Holly

  I knew it would happen at some point or another, but I just didn’t think it would be now. 

  I knew that Luke would realize that I was nothing special, that I was just an un-pretty face with nothing good to say, but I figured it would be at least in a little while. I thought that the dance had bought me a little bit of time.   

  Or maybe it was dancing with him that drew him away. 

  Today, he avoided me completely. Once the bell rang in geography class, he jumped up from his seat and nearly sprinted out of the class. When I walked passed him in the hallway between third and fourth period, he glanced away, ignoring me quite obviously. I ate with Piper, Brin, and Ed at lunch, not even wanting to see what would happen if I waited for him at our regular table. 

  All I knew was that endless thoughts filled my mind of what I could have done. 

  Maybe it was just being me that did it. 

Luke

  I tried my hardest to stay away from Holly today. I just couldn’t bare the thought of making a fool of myself in front of her once again. 

Of course, the most exciting of theatrical releases: Eleanor and Park. Eleanor and Park has been my favorite novel for a year now, and I find myself rereading it on an endless repeat. It was an absolutely beautiful story that was so real for me. Finding out that it was being turned into a movie, I was terrified, as the worry of Eleanor being cast as simply a somewhat-chubby girl and Park being white-washed was overwhelming. HOWEVER, at the discovery that Rainbow Rowell would be writing the screeplay herself? I'm sure that she will be certain of keeping all these very important details intact. Ahh, I am so excited. 

 And finally: who isn't excited for Part One of Mockingjay? Though Mockingjay was my least favorite of the series, it still was incredible. Whatever Josh Hutcherson, my dearest love, and the queen bee Jennifer Lawrence is in promises to be wonderful.

 What book to movie adaptions are you excited for?