Stupid me...

I smiled at my own naivety and wiped my tears. I actually thought that I could be their teacher and they will accept me. They were just playing a game. I felt humiliated just because of my own silly thought of being an ideal teacher.

Curling up on the couch near the window I gazed outside the blue sky. It was the same blue sky as the time Baba was alive. It hasn't changed, or the bright sun, the darkness of the night, the twinkling stars, the phase changing moon, the air... this world. Nothing has changed, except my life. I was Baba's gurya (doll) once, and now ...

I don't what am I now...

When my thoughts started to suffocate me, I decided to run away from here. I quickly called Hassan, informing him that I am coming to visit. Within ten minutes, I was leaving the house after telling Auntie that I will be with Hassan and Saba.

~*~

"Oye what's wrong?" Saba snapped her fingers before my face to gain my attention.

"Nothing yar. I was just thinking, that they might be scolded."

"You are still worried about it?"

"Hm." I nodded.

"Do you think that they didn't consider the outcome of it? I am sure they are ready to face the consequences."

"Still, I couldn't help myself from wondering, what made them do such a thing. It was kind of foolish."

"They are just a bunch of teenage boys yar. Kids of those ages do many strange things to gain the attention of others."

"They are already popular in college and their bad grades are nothing new to their college mates either. But they never failed, so why now?"

"Perhaps they want to get rid of you?"

"And they succeeded." I said sighed.

"Ary yar, leave the topic for Allah ka wasta (Allah's sake). Now you tell me, are you staying for the night or not?"

"Where will your husband sleep if I stayed?"

"In the drawing room." She said nonchalantly.

"You are going to throw my friend into the drawing, what a horrible wife you are." I faked a gasp.

"He will be thrown out of the room because his own friend is here." She said circling her arms around my neck.

But in the end, none of us slept. All three of us played cards with Hassan's sister all night and with exhausted faces, Hassan and I went to our jobs. The time I spent with my friends made me forget the worries of life and after stepping inside the college building I came back to reality. All day I struggled to keep my eyes open. By the time I was heading out to the home, I found Ahmar waiting for me near the gate as usual. He has been doing since after I started to tuition them and because of this, the whole college knew that I was their teacher. These little things made me thought that things finally got better and these four are finally accepting me. But now, when everything is clear, I don't see the point of going with him. Furthermore, my emotions are still not in check and I don't want to burst out before him. So, instead of going with him, I asked Mashal to give me a ride since her father was coming to pick her up. She dropped me near the market of my old residence as I requested her. After doing window shopping for almost an hour, I went home. Luckily Auntie was sleeping and Ahmar wasn't here either but what I didn't expect was a dozing Zulqarnain in the living room.

When did he arrive???

Thinking, I carefully made my way to the stairs so he won't.

"No one welcomed me, even my friend here is trying to avoid me." Came Zulqarnain's voice from behind.