Chesca and Roman burst out laughing, looking at Kaiden's furrowed brow, and laughed some more.

"Boys..." Chesca giggled, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Did you really dig a tunnel?" Roman asked incredulously.

"Perks of being a wolf. But we totally would have been expelled if Professor Lindeman ever found out," Kaiden shook his head with amusement, obviously reminiscing about the time with a twinkle in his eye.

"I thought it was moles that could dig tunnels....." Roman said thoughtfully. "Or did you use spoons? You know, I saw in this movie once, about monsters—"

"Are we there yet?" This time it was Chesca who groaned and tried ignoring Roman's pouting lip at the interruption.

"Nearly, my Darling," was Kaiden's warm assurance.

The busy city roads quietened down and wound up a small hill, before they crested a copse of trees. Beyond, the pack residence estate came into view. The grand, old, three-story building was dark and grey, set behind a few ancient trees, and bespoke a terror of memories of the last time she was here. Kaiden gripped Chesca's hand reassuringly as he manoeuvred their vehicle down the drive and up to the front entrance.

The moment the car stopped, Roman leapt out and fell flat on the ground, stretching his legs and arms out. He reminded Chesca of a kid playing in the snow for the first time.

"Alpha Kaiden! Glad to have you back."

She turned and watched Beta Benjamin greet Kaiden, before turning to her and extending a formal nod of his head.

"It's good to see you and Kira again," she smiled at the couple. Kaiden's Beta and his mate had returned to their pack soon after the battle with Elbert, to begin the recovery process and sort out order among the struggling pack members. A few still loyal to Elbert had been rooted out and placed in the dungeons, but most were relieved that Kaiden would once more be their Alpha, and quickly organised themselves under Beta Benjamin's expert leadership while their Alpha was absent.

Kaiden wound his arm around Chesca's waist and pulled her closer to his side as more of his warriors filled the courtyard. He guided her to the top of the steps and began speaking in his Alpha voice. "Warriors and pack members. It is an honour to be standing here before you, leading you once again. I will do everything in my power to be worthy of the title Alpha of Razestone."

This was met with cheers and howls as his warriors acknowledged their new leader.

Then he looked down at Chesca, tucked firmly in his arms. "Some of you have already met her and have fought alongside her, but let me introduce to you my dear mate, my Alpha Female, Chesca of Steelheart!"

The crowd cheered even louder, throwing back their heads and howling in celebration. Then, as Chesca made eye contact with them, smiling at their acceptance, they began to bow their heads and lower a knee. When they pressed their right forearm over their heart, she felt shivers run up her spine, and Kaiden's approval blossom over the mate bond. They were kneeling before her, before Kaiden, and vowing their allegiance to the two Alpha wolves. Chesca smiled at her mate, and could see the pride and love shining unabashedly from his eyes. Pushing up on her toes, she placed her lips over his and smiled into the kiss. "My Alpha."

He buried his nose in her neck, breathing in her scent and nuzzling her mark, and squeezed her tightly to himself. "My beautiful Chesca. I love you more than any words could describe."

His touch and words sent the most intense feelings of happiness and contentment running through her, consuming her. And she knew, with him by her side, she could handle anything from now on. She always was strong, but he made her stronger and by the look in his eyes, the attachment worked both ways. The bond had truly made them one.