III: Taking A Break

February 4th, 2018//

Just please pick up and be alive

That's all Remy could think about while the line would ring then go to voicemail. She sat at the edge of a curb outside of the Halo Tower, the apartment complex she was just in.
All she wanted was for Joe to pick up his phone and for her Uber to hurry the hell up. She was definitely worried and that was a fact.

After her 18th attempt of trying to get a hold of Joe, the ring stopped ubruptly as did Remy's breathing.

"You have some fucking nerve, Rem. After the shit you pulled on Twitter, you're lucky I've picked up." Joe greeted with spite.

"Oh, fuck you. You know what I said was true!" She replied in disbelief.

"Do you know what you've started? Our names are being dragged enough already!" He yelled back.

"Fuck everyone else, Joe. It's you and I against the world, it always has been."

She could hear Joe sigh on the other end. "What the fuck am I going to do with you Rem?"

"I just want you to be happy..." Remy had her head propped up with her hand.

"I just... I need time to heal, Rem. I'm not worthy of anything in my life." He was choking back tears...

As was Remy. "If time and space is what you need, I'll be more than happy to give it to you. Joe, I... I think I got everything I needed out of house. Please, take care of yourself. If you need anything call me."

"Remy, wait. I love you." He was quick with his words. "Where are you, Darling?" Her heart ached at his words, she had just heard him admit his love for her for the first time in the 2 years they've been together.

Remy choked slightly on her words as she looked back at the Halo Tower,
"J-Joe, I'm at... I'm at Cal's flat." She gulped, scared of what his reaction might be.

"Callum? Airey?"

"Yeah.." Remy whispered then bit her lip.

"Why the fuck are you over there?" His low growl voice returned.

"Joe, where else was I supposed to go? After you kicked me out of your dressing room, I figured we were done. He helped me go get my shit."

Joe sighed. "Rem..." He took a long pause. "I'm such a piece of shit."

"Stop. You're not. Look, let's just take a break Joe. It will be good for the both of us. Just..." Remy began tearing up. "Let me know if I'm ever worth your time again, mate."

"Remona..." Joe breathed. "I love you."

Remy scoffed, but she let her heart speak for her. "I love you too, dickhead." She was the first to end the call, she didn't want to say goodbye. She noticed she had 3 unread Snapchat messages.

Freezy
Remy, I'm sorry.
Let me know that you're okay.
Please.

She was about to respond before she got a notification that her Uber canceled the ride. She growled in anger, "Fucking shit!"

Remy
I'm fine, Cal. Can I steal you one more time?

She messaged Cal back. There was no doubt that Remy did not want to stay with Calfreezy and his mates. She was left with only one other option which was to go back to Manchester.

Freezy
What is it?

Cal responded. Remy was hesitant to write back, but her thumbs patted the keyboard anyway.

Remy
I need a ride to the Airport. Uber's here are so shitty.

As soon as she pressed the send button, Cal immediately tried to video call her. She groaned and accepted it, covering her face slightly with her hand. Cal spoke first, "I'm not giving you a ride to the airport."

Remy rolled her eyes, "Then why even bother talking to me in the first place? Whatever, I'll find a ride."

"No, Remy. Let me talk to you." Cal protested. "Why do you need a ride to the airport?"

"Because, Cal. Joe and I are taking a break. I have nowhere to go." She ran a hand through her hair.

"Rem, you're more than welcome to stay here. I've already told you that."

"Fuck that. And fuck those people you hang around with." Remy quickly denied the idea.

"I know, Rem. I hope you don't mind, but I told JJ the truth and he wants to apologize." Cal admitted, giving Remy a saracastic smile hoping she wouldn't freak out.

Remy closed her eyes and exhaled, "You fucking serious Cal? I can't go back in there."

"Where the fuck are you Rem? I'm going to drag you back in here."

"Oh my God. Will you shut the hell up if I go back up? I swear, if any of you are pulling my leg, I'm suing."

"Just come up here Rem."

Remy was then faced with a black mirror. "Prick." She mumbled to herself before taking her sweet time back to the flat. With each step she took Remy's breathing became more uneven. As she approached the set of lobby elevators, one opened.

Remy first recognized Harry, then shifted her eyes to Callux. However, Callux quickly looked away from her dumbfounded gaze.

They stepped out of the confined space, "Hey, Rem-"

"Don't fucking talk to me." She interrupted Harry, pushing past the both of them to get into the elevator.

Harry chuckled though. "What floor are you going to?"

Remy scanned the buttons inside the elevator, then rolled her eyes. "Floor... 40?"

"Exactly. Callum sent us down to come get you. Quit being a punk." Harry replied before they joined her in the elevator.

"And I really am sorry for earlier. I didn't mean to cause a scene." Callux added, as Harry pushed the floor button.

"Seriously, don't talk to me Lux." Remy quickly stated avoiding eye contact, immediately regretting her decision of going in the elevator.

He let out a tiny laugh, "Has anyone ever told you how hardheaded you are?"

"Im guessing no one has ever told you that Arsenal is shit." Remy looked him up and down with disgust.

Callux looked over with a shocked expression. Then Harry decided to add his two cents. "I mean she does have a point, Cal."

Callux shook his head then put on a cheeky smirk, "That's coming from the person who's wearing a loser's Chelsea shirt."

Remy had a sudden rush of anger from his insult, but she retained the urge to slap him across the face.
"You're a fucking cunt." Was all she mumbled before remaining quiet for the rest of the way back to the flat.