XLVI: Conversations and More Conversations

August 28th, 2019//

Remy still can't properly explain what happened that night to herself. The turning and fizzling grew in her stomach around three in afternoon after they went to the river. She remembered because it happened right before Brave Bison had posted her spread onto their website.

"He went to go talk to Sarah." Freezy had told her. He was laid down next to Remy's legs, his eyes lost in the ceiling. She was sat against the wall reading The Alchemist. Reading books wasn't something she did often, but she was trying to go on this phone cleanse for a while. Her laptop was set ontop of her knee deciding that it needed a rest from editing photos.

Her internal attention from then on couldn't focus on any of the words and soon she was more lost in her thoughts rather than the book. Remy glanced up and frowned. "That's why he was a bit off today then... yeah?"

Callum nodded with a small sigh. "Yeah, he told me about it last night." His pupils danced around sporatically before they landed steady. He groaned and sat up ubruptly before turning his head toward me. "I probably shouldn't tell you this but-"

"Then don't." She cut him off there. If it was something that was said in private between Callum and Callum then she didn't want to know. If anything, she figured McGinley would probably tell her later.

He rolled his eyes at her then laughed, it wasn't a happy laugh, before turning back around. "You two stress me the hell out. You know that yeah?"

Remy pressed my lips together. She knew that this was bound to happen. All of it was bound to become too stressful at one point. Remy was nearly ripping her hair out every night debating on what the hell to do. She needed to get out of this flat and gain a stable state of mind. "Yeah, Cal... I'm sorry."

"For fucks sake, it's like... when are you guys going to have another fight? Or start making out in the hallway? I don't fucking get it, Rem. I really fucking don't."

Remy felt like she was getting treated like a child. He had never talked to her like this before and his words felt like a kick in the jaw. She was swallowing down her tears, throat burning. Freezy shook his head before looking back at her, but his face instantly softened once he saw her struggling to hold back her emotions.

The last thing she wanted to do was lash out on him or cry in front of him. Anyone but him. "Rem, I'm sorry." He told her softly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that... I'm just so lost, Rem."

Remy looked back towards her book and that's when the swirling began, it felt like a punch at first. It was that deep icky feeling you get when you feel like something is going to go wrong. At first, she thought it might've just been due to the fact that she probably sucked up a bunch of salt water from Jet Skiing. But it was deeper than that, it was spreading into her chest as well. It was slightly painful but Remy could easily conceal how uncomfortable it was sitting inside of her.

A lot of thoughts ran through her head. It would take years to explain how fast each thought ran through. It was mostly a recapture of the last three months that Remy has spent with the boys.

so much has happened

"Rem..."

Remy shook her head and tried focusing on her book once again but a ping came from her laptop. A pop-up formed on her screen from her email. Remy's attention was turned towards the email she had recieved from Brave Bison. She instantly reached over to view the full message.

"Rem." Callum had reached over and tilted her laptop lid down.

Remy rolled her eyes and huffed the air out of her lungs through her nostrils. "Cal, just don't talk to me." She muttered queitly before raising the lid, her fingers on the trackpad. She had tuned out what he was saying to her while reading the email.