Percy - demigod dreams suck (thanks a lot, Hypnos)

I was happy.
My life was perfect. Well not really perfect, demigod life had its... difficulties, but I was happy. I had 3 homes where I felt welcome, my Upper East side apartment I shared with my mother and stepfather, Camp Half-Blood, and Camp Jupiter. I had friends who I loved and respected. I lived a comfortable life, not wealthy, but not poor either. But most importantly, I had Annabeth Chase.

*****

I had a bad dream. Demigods always have weird dreams. They're never just dreams, they show reality, whether past, present or future.

I was somewhere dark, somewhere I didn't recognize. What I did recognize was a woman's voice, one I hated. "I told you, I do not have enough power to do something like that!"
Another voice spoke, deep and booming. I remembered this one too, though I wished I didn't. "What about with the torches?"
"Then I may be able to, but it will be difficult"
"It will be worth it to destroy Perseus Jackson's life"
"Agreed"

The scene changed. I was somewhere I didn't recognize. An office of some sort with a large desk. There was a man in a suit behind the desk. I was fairly certain I'd never seen him before. He was tall, with defined features and a clean shaven face. I couldn't make what he was saying, but his voice was all too familiar.

It was the same man from the first part of my dream, Polybotes.

A/N: IF ANYONE IS ACTUALLY READING THIS, SORRY THESE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT. ONCE I FINISH THE CHAPTERS THAT SET UP THE AU, I'LL PROBABLY START GOING A BIT LONGER.