Chapter Seventeen - We're both afraid

Start from the beginning

William smirked at his girlfriend as they walked through the zoo.  Stopping at the concession stands to get some dippin' dots and carrying on.  After they had gone through some exhibits they were finally going into the penguin area to meet them.  They had a guide explaining a brief history of the penguins, how they care for the penguins, how they could tell which ones apart and how to feed them.  

They were told that they couldn't meet the lions seeing as they were bit more problematic and weren't sure if they would lash out at new visitors.  Samuel was disappointed about that but they just wanted to meet some kind of animal.

"If you see that penguin that's right there who has a yellow band on its eyebrow which starts at each nostril stretching above the eye and down the neck that's the Fiordland Penguin.  They normally are from New Zealand but we were able to rescue some of them after they were found hurt on the shore not too far from here," Meredith told the group of four.

"So he will stay here?" Evelyn asked feeling sympathetic toward the penguin.

"Yeah," Meredith said.  "All of the animals that we have at this zoo will stay with us.  Because they've stayed with us for so long and we feed and care for them.  If we released them to the wild they wouldn't know how to survive on their own after being too dependent on us for so long.  They wouldn't last out there."

"Look at them walk," Samuel pointed at the penguins letting out a shriek and a giggle.  

Evelyn squatted down to his level and put her hand on his small back stabilising him.

"It is quite funny, isn't it?" She asked him as she looked up at her boyfriend who had a grin looking at the trio.  

"Do you mind taking a picture of us all?" William asked Meredith to which she didn't hesitate.

"Of course not," she shook her head and Evelyn handed her the mobile to Meredith as the two adults gathered together and held the twins close, wanting to remember this day.  They also took some close to the penguins but not too close.

William had taken off his sunglasses for this part as well as his hat as he wanted to take a genuine picture with the two little boys who had grown close to him in such a short amount of time.  

They were given the option to be able to see tigers or lions up close like they did with the penguins, but Evelyn thought that was too much for four year old little boys and she figured that her brother and his girlfriend would be pissed so she decided against it.  Instead, they had settled for a stuffed animal of a lion and tiger in the gift shop afterwards.  

***

"William?" she asked squinting her eyes as she looked at the alarm clock next to her bed seeing as it read that it was two in the morning.  "Is something wrong?  And why're you calling at two in the morning?" Letting out a yawn she laid her head on her pillow, snuggling into her blankets.

"Sorry Eve," he let out a tired sigh almost as if he had been up for hours and gotten no sleep.  "I thought you might want to know.  Earlier when we went to the London Zoo it appears that the paparazzi found us and took pictures of us with Samuel and David."

"What?" Evelyn shrieked feeling a bit more awake.

Even though Evelyn had been photographed before William the twins were never apart of it.  They always had a normal life never having to worry about the paparazzi as they had respected them.

Jake lived a relatively normal life with his girlfriend, Mia, unlike most of her siblings.  The only time they were photographed was if he were with their dad.  Other than that the paparazzi and tabloids left them alone.  Evelyn felt awful for putting the kids in the public like that.  She knew that they had a great time but unfortunately, the paparazzi have to ruin it.