Chapter Seventeen - We're both afraid

Start from the beginning

They sealed it with a kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling the comfort yet small firmness of his hands on her hips as he pulled her closer to him.  It had been a while since either of them had felt this happy.  She looked up at him as they broke the kiss, they both had shit eating grins on their faces as he tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.  The small gesture making her blush slightly.

"I've missed you, you know," she told him.

"Good," he replied cheekily.  "I've missed you too."

"I wish I would've known you'd be here this week" she started.  "I promised by brother Jake and his girlfriend that I would babysit my nephews Samuel and David."

"That's alright.  Were you thinking of going anywhere?  Or just staying here?"

"I was actually thinking of taking the twins to the London Zoo," she chewed on her bottom lip in contemplation.  "Would you maybe want to go with us?"

"That sounds like fun," he told her.  "I'd just go incognito.  Harry and I do it all the time whenever we don't want to be recognised."

"Right then," Eve agreed.  "Do you have everything you need to not be recognised?"

"Yeah," he nodded his head.  "It's in my car."

"Do you always keep them with you?" she asked sceptically.

"Just in case.  Those bloody paparazzi seem to always find me," he shook his head.

"All right," she agreed.  

William and Evelyn went to her mum's place to pick up Samuel and David and headed to the zoo.

***

"What does a lion say, Sammy?" Eve asked her nephew as her and William pushed them in a trolly walking up the hill to the zoo.

"Rawr," he said with theatrics and having the cutest giggle at the end as his cheeks blushed.

"Very good," William told him.  "What's your favourite animal?"

"A lion!"

"A tiger," David chimed in too.

"What's your favourite, Wills?" David asked as he munched on a snack.

"A lion," he agreed with Samuel.  "You know I've gotten up close with some before.  They even let you meet the animals if you ask nicely."

Evelyn turned her head to look at her boyfriend with a sense of pride smile on her face. 

"No way," the twins said in astonishment their eyes filled with wonder and excitement.  "Can we, please?"

"You'll have to ask your aunt about that one," he says putting all the pressure on her making her give him an annoyed look jokingly.

"Can we please, aunt Eve?" 

"Okay," she dragged out the letter 'y' as the two twins let out cheers and high fives to each other making William and Evelyn chuckle.  "They are something else."

"Yeah, but how can you say no to them?  I may not have known them long but I know they are good boys."

"That they are," she agreed with him as they paid for four tickets.

Thankfully, having two kiddies with them made it a bit cheaper.  

"What's your favourite animal?" William asked her as they started walking around.

"I would say it's between a penguin and giraffe."

"Really?  Why?"

"I don't know," she said shrugging her shoulders with a laugh.  "they're just so cute and I like how tall giraffe's can get."