Rules of a Rebel || Epilogue and Fanart

Start from the beginning

Twin boys? In that belly? 

"Where's Archer?" Damien says. 

Damien is a CEO of a large company, on the Top 50 of Forbes Hottest Males list, and can play three different instruments. He's a catch, I guess. His family, on the other hand, is party of one of New York's deadliest mafias. Damien and Archer met during one of his art exhibits and unsurprisingly, they became fast friends - to the point to where Damien invited Archer to be one of his groomsmen. 

"New York," I say. 

"Still?"

"Yeah." 

The bride and groom glare at me. 

Unlike Archer, I had never really gotten along with Damien. He's too commanding and condescending for my taste. When we first met, he thought that I was Archer's secretary. Usually Archer helps me contain some of my temper, but he's not here right now. 

I sigh and try to rein myself in. "He's meeting with some investors. Don't worry. He'll be here the morning of the wedding." 

"The morning of the wedding?" Damien repeats, frowning, and tightens his grip around Bettie's waist. "He's going to miss the bachelor party - but I suppose that doesn't matter, as long as he's here for the main event." 

"I'm sure he can manage." 

"Still with that feisty attitude, I see," Damien lets out a soft breath of laughter. " As Archer's fiancee, you don't upset that he's not here with you."

"I'm a big girl. I can handle two weeks without Archer." 

Annoyed, I brush past them and walk into the hotel lobby. Damien's comment irks me, which is why I guess he said it, a lot more than it should. But I wasn't lying. I can handle two weeks without seeing Archer. 

That doesn't mean I don't miss him already. 

- () -

Peyton: I'm going stab Damien's father in the neck. 

Archer: try to resist the temptation 

Peyton: He keeps calling me "sweetiepie" and asking about when my "beau" will be coming here and if I "miss you" and that if you ever have any money troubles, just let him know and he can "shoot the banker"

Peyton: Then he laughed and said he was kidding.

Archer: hes not really kidding 

Peyton: I know. He's even nosier than Aunt Sue. 

Archer: poor cub is aunt sue bothering you again

Peyton: She keeps asking me when you and I are going to set a date for the wedding. And then she goes on and on about how Bettie is a real part of Damien's family, like they're not some group of dangerous criminals or something

Archer: do you want me to call her

Peyton: NO I told you to never do that again. 

Archer: I can call damien

Peyton: DONT CALL ANYBODY 

Peyton: I M;;EAN IT ARCHER 

Peyton: ARCHER