Old Bonds

The office seemed a little bland now coming back to the marbled color desk I'm usually sitting behind. It would seem that often I find that I'm lost between what I am doing or what I should be doing.

"Mr. Hale," a deep haughty voice echoing throughout my office calls from the distance.

"Codwell, Dalton." I'm met with the two banes of my existence out of three had walked into that of my office doors. "I would say this is a pleasure, but from the current circumstances I cannot see how that would be true."

Mr. Dalton isn't to please the word choice. "You would be right indeed, Mr. Hale. Although, pleasantries have gone out the window. We can still act like gentlemen. Am I right?" He proposed as if there had been any other way to go about the situation.

"Gentlemen," I gesture my hand towards the coffee table surrounded by chairs used for brief meetings or conferences. "I can assure you that matters are being handled to the best of my capabilities although I don't think that's the reason why the two of you are here."

"You are aware of Dwight's sentence then," Glen states sitting down in a chair and crossing his right leg over the other. "His grandfather isn't too pleased with how you're handling the situation. It seems as he would like us to reiterate what's on the line here."

A smirk forms across my face once I heard of the subtle threat that they seem to both be proposing to me. "So you come to my office to threaten me? How juvenile." I want to chuckle through the anger rising, but I know this isn't the right time.

"Mr. Hale, we haven't come to threaten you. We are inclined to have more information on Mr. Hurst's whereabouts and updates."

The truth is that these two will never cease as long as they have something that hangs in jeopardy. I could tell them that Mr. Hurst is in trouble with Interpol in France for extortion and other means, but all they would want is some conclusive answers and actions to a certain situation. It's not that manageable to expect your outside resources to decrease the charges of an American counterpart. The crimes committed in another country would cause some serious issues tension in future business deals. I couldn't tell them that Mr. Hurst would remain in prison in France because of his depravity knows no bounds.

"I would have to leave for France then to assure that none of this escalates any further. While in America I only have limited access and communication with that of my contact in France. It is more than a hinder at this point. You are aware of Mr. Hurst's crimes, right?"

"We only know that allegations of extortion and falsified documentation."

"Fraud." I quip. "If any of these allegations can be proven in a court over there to a certain extent can jeopardize his citizenship to come back to America I can assure you my hands will be just as tide up as yours. I will not be dirtying that of my hands for a child trying to play businessman. I would also appreciate it if next time you made an appointment with my secretary. That's what I pay her for. As we are gentlemen, you WILL respect my place of business. Bill and Deckard will have to decide what's more important." It was about time I wrapped up this little meeting.

Mr. Dalton's lips press into a thin line as even he cannot interject into my statement. We both understand that Mr. Hurst's consequences are beyond that of the club or even our hands when it comes to that matter. We'd have to go full force to see the benefit of releasing Dwight from foreign territory.