Intimacy

The way his fingers lingered across the small of my back as we lie naked together was the most intimate gesture ever. We shared this bed three times throughout the night. The sheets have slid off the bed more than once as I reminisce about the tender moments of last night.

Every time his body moved in such a slow and tortuous motion I felt my body come undone over and over again. It didn't even occur to me how high his sex drive was for we seem to enjoy laying together more so than the physical connection.

I clasp onto the sheets rolling over the wrinkled paradise to face that of his face relaxed as he sleeps peacefully. How I admired his face which seemed to relax more once he was fully submersed inside of me. Every time he was at ease by sleeping it made me appreciate his presence. The dirty blond locks falling over his face which seemed to capture one of those picture perfect moments. 

He rolls over on his back with his chest facing the ceiling and stretches his arms upwards. Once his eyes flutter open I smile. "Good morning sleepyhead," I move the locks from his face.

"Good morning to you too. I see you're up early. Did you sleep at all or did you watch me sleep like a psychopath?" He asks chuckling deviously to himself.

"I'll have you know that you're not that much of a catch to be staring at!" I glare at him chuckling but I can't help but laugh myself because he genuinely is never the one to jest. It suited him well and part of me hoped that I would be seeing that side of him more. The more professional side to Mr. Hale had been intense, straightforward, and intimidating at times with you never knowing what someone like him had been capable of. Everyone spoke highly of Mr. Hale which is why I never wanted to be on his bad side although the temptations of the club is what eventually sculpted his demeanor it would be a mess if anything potentially harmful were to make him lash out. 

Not animal-like.

More so like a defense mechanism.

That's probably why he left the first time.

My heart stung from the bitter truth of this realization, but I fake a smile to keep things light-hearted. I didn't want to ruin this perfect mood. 

"Swimming?"

"Swimming?"

"You swim?"

"My parents wanted me to be a professional athlete or a CEO. Those were my only choices."

I could tell that he grew up with high expectations, but his mother seemed so genuine. To raise a child basically orphaned to speak a certain way, to carry themselves a certain way. It must've been difficult. "I am pretty sure your parents would have been happy any way you turned out. As long as you weren't a murderer, rapist, or a hair dresser."

Mr. Hale tilts his head to the side. "Hair dresser?"

"I'm joking."

We both smile together before raising our lifeless bodies out of bed.