Ch 13. We are no longer crows

Two months later
-
"I know I haven't called in a while..." I spoke fast before Lyla could interrupt. Her wind chime like laughter filled my ears in response.
"The letters you send have made up for it my dear," she cooed. I could here Abel giggling in the background making my heart ache. "The boys ask about you. I tell them you'll meet again." I can hear the cheer in her voice making every worry I have wash away.
"Very soon actually," I tell her my voice steadying itself. "I'm getting married. I can't do it without you." I can feel the tears running down my face as I remember loading her up in the car. Watching as the few family members I have left drive off into a new life. Charming being left in the dust.
"I can be there by tomorrow!" Lyla yells. "I'll pack the boys and and..." I can't help but chuckle at her excitement.
"How about I come to you." I suggest. "Make up for lost time and how shitty of a friend I've been."
"Rhiannon you don't have to make up for anything." Lyla coos but I can't help but feel like I do. I ran in my pain leaving behind what family I had left.

"You'll meet me in two days?" I asked EZ for the hundredth time as he helped me load my bags into the car. "If you have any questions about how to get there you'll call? And Angel will be there?" I stared at him impatiently as he watched me in amusement. "Ezekiel Reyes!" I stomped my foot getting annoyed at his silence.
"Mi amore. I will be there. Angel will be there. The club will be there. Stop worrying your pretty little head." He placed a chaste kiss on my lips. "In three days you're going to be Rhiannon Reyes and I couldn't be happier about it." I smiled at him weakly.
"What if we get caught? What if..." I sighed heavily. "Sorry I just I want this to work. I want to be your wife."
"It will be perfect. Now go before Lyla calls again. How you two got a wedding together in a week amazes me."
"I have many talents my love. You know this." I kissed him one last time before driving off. My heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. How was this real.

The sky's were dark by the time I made it to Lylas. When I arrived Tig and Venus were already there waiting up and sipping tea with Lyla. The minute I walked through the door my friend ran at me and wrapped me in a tight hug tears streaming down both of our faces.
"You haven't aged a day," I mumbled not wanting to let go.
"I could say the same to you." Lyla chuckled. What I saw next stoped me in my tracks. It was like staring at a ghost as Able walked over to me. His likeness to my brother was uncanny.
"Aunty!!" The young boy yelled before running into my eyes. The tears that poured out of me were a mix of happiness and pain. I felt like a child again as Able stared at me. I could only hope he stayed as far away from the life my brother had.
- -
Flashback
"Let me come with!" I whined running behind Jax and Opie. "You never let me hang out with you guys anymore." I huffed. The two teenagers ran off without a word and I was left to pout in my mother's office.
"You're twelve Rhi. You are to young to what they get into now." My mother cooed.
"I am not!" I tried to argue but this was a battle I could not win with her.
When Jax finally came home he was wearing a leather Kutte with the word prospect stitched into the back. My heart sank as he walk past me.
"You're to young Rhi I need you to stay safe."
- -
"Abel what is that you're playing with," I pulled my nephew into my lap taking the ring from him.
"It was dads," he told me. The big SOA stared at me in the metal.
"You're to young. I need you to stay safe." I whispered unsure if it was already to late. We're Tellers doomed for the life of gang brutality.