Ch 11. I don't think of you

Flashback

Weeks went by and it was like Ezekiel Reyes disappeared. I should have known better then to fall for him. He had Emily so I'm sure he was doing fine, but I couldn't help but wonder if he felt like he made the wrong decision. I didn't want to be some second option anymore so I stoped calling. His answering machine just left me emptier and lonelier.
"Can I buy you a cup of coffee?" His voice was warm and welcoming as he looked at me. A soft smile on his lips as he waited for a response.
"Oh sure, that would be lovely," I smiled.
"Miguel Galindo by the way," he stuck out his hand for me to shake before sitting beside me.
"It's nice to meet you Miguel," I took his hand. Instantly my hand tingled under his touch. "Rhiannon Teller." His smirk made me melt but I wasn't wanting any of it. We didn't both need broken hearts.
- -
"Why can't you let go?!" I screamed. Miguel looked at me a pained expression on his face. "We were just kids. I'm sorry for what happened. But I told you I couldn't be with you." He ran his finger over my cheek. Examining the cut Nestor gave me.
"I was in love with you. Foolish I know." He confessed. "A part of me still is. And to find out that he was the one you were so hung up on..." Miguel sighed. "It was hard." I was the one to kiss him this time. His lips feeling so familiar yet so wrong as he deepened it.
"You have to move on. You have Emily and your son." I turned to walk out of the room. "What we had back then was fun, I truly am sorry."
- -
"This can't be anything more," I whispered as I pulled back on my clothes. Miguel nodded pulling me back to him. He nibbled at my exposed skin a smirk on his lips.
"You keep saying that and I don't understand why." He murmured. "Is there someone else?"
"There was." I admit.
"And you loved him?" I nodded. "What if I were to say that I loved you?" His voice was shaky and for the first time he looked nervous when he spoke to me.
"Then I would have to end this."
"Please just give this a real fighting chance Rhi!" I pushed him away as he pleaded with me.
"I can't Miguel."
"Can't or won't!!" He demanded hand slamming against the wall.
"I don't know. Please don't call anymore. I need some space." I ran. And I didn't keep running. This wasn't supposed to be like this.
- -
"I hated you." My voice was quite. I felt his hands wrap around me waist. "I don't know why but I did and I still do."
"Because I made you feel again after you thought you wouldn't!" He snapped. "Does he make you happier then I did?"
"You don't really want me to answer that do you?" I swallowed hard.
"I guess not. Just remember our life together could have been something he can never give you. I wouldn't have left."
"Everyone always leaves Miguel. I should have taught you that."