Ch 5. Our secrets aren't ours anymore

Flashback
I couldn't tell if the blood I was coated in was mine or his as I sat in the back of the police cruiser. The soft sounds of the radio was overtaken by my rapid heartbeat as I tried to replay what just happened.
"Self defence." I whispered. "It was self defence."
"I know it was honey. I know," Unser spoke softly pulling into the parking lot of T M. "Let's get you inside and clean you up. Nothing bad is going to happen to you I promise." He opened the door and reached his hand out towards me I just sat there unable to move.
"I killed him Wayne." I stared down at my hands. "I didn't mean to kill him." I heard the sound of bikes approaching but I couldn't hold my head up to see what members were back.
"Unser what are you doing here?" Jax spoke. I could hear his footsteps getting closer to the cruiser as I stood up.
"Take Rhi inside Juice. Clean her up a bit I'll fill in Jax," I forced a small smile as he wrapped his arms around my body carefully.
"It's going to be okay little one." Unser spoke softly, giving a strained look to my brother. I sat beside Juice for a long time. His eyes always glued to me as we sat in silence.
"I don't know who I am anymore Juice..."
"A strong women who's been through to much." He replied. A few more tears escaped my eyes. I leaned in quickly placing my lips on his. I wanted to feel something, but when I pulled away I was still consumed by numbness.
"I'm sorry I.." I stammered. Juice just smiled in response.
"Don't apologize for that. I understand."
- - -

A few weeks went by and I heard nothing from Miguel. Yet I sat up every night unable to sleep. Waiting for the shoe to drop. For the blackmail to arrive and for him to make my life even more miserable. I did nothing but work cherishing what felt like my last moments of freedom.
"Rhi?" EZ's voice called out. I waited for a while hoping he would assume I was out and walk away but he was smarter then that. "Come on Angel dent me to check on you."
"He did not," I argued pulling the door open. "I saw him earlier today. What do you want?"
"To talk. To catch up. To see you," he listed off looking hurt that I would assume his intentions weren't good.
"Ezekiel we have nothing to catch up on," I stated trying to close the door on him but he stopped me. His dark eyes pleading for me to let him in.
"This isn't you talking," he spoke softly reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind me ear. "This was the boarded up girl who hides the real you. What happened Rhi?" I moved aside letting him walk into my apartment. There were boxes cluttering the living room of old family photos I refused to go through. Hand written letters Juice jokingly write me while I was at college so I wouldn't feel homesick. I missed them all, but he became my best friend. Rebuilt me after the incident. Not that the rest of my family wasn't there for me. Only him and Tig ever learnt about EZ. The rest of them were to consumed with things I no longer wished to see destroy them.
"Life happened," I retorted. "I lost everyone I ever cared about. First you vanished. Then almost everyone I ever loved died. there's a chance that it'll happen all again!" I began to raise my voice. I looked at EZ standing there and threw myself at him so my tiny frame was wrapped around him. I needed to feel him but all the felt was the prospect patch on his back.
"He has nothing to do with this life Juice. It's so refreshing. I feel like when he's around I'm breathing fresher air."
"I'm not going to leave again. I promise." He pulled me even closer to him rubbing soft circles on my back. I was the one to pull away from the hug first feelings I hadn't felt in a long time washing over me giving me the courage to kiss him. I expected him to pull away but he responded by kissing me back hungrily. Our spark was unmatched. He carefully lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist never breaking from each other as he walked carefully to the bed.
"I never stopped wanting you," he kissed down my neck pulling away to slip off his shirt. "And I don't plan to." I pulled him onto me. My heart pounding so rapidly I swore he could feel it.
"No more talking because I want you to."

My phone ringing at 3am woke us both up. EZ groaning as the bright light interrupted the darkness. An unknown number stared back at me and I knew exactly who was on the other night.
"Ignore it." He mumbled spooning me closer. I chuckled carefully moving his arms off my waist.
"I'll be right back." I kissed his cheek before grabbing my phone and making my way to the patio. The cold air made goosebumps on my arm as I pulled my robe closer for warmth.
"What do you want?" I hissed.
"For you to answer my phone calls more promptly." Galindo cooed. "Now let me inside." My heart dropped at his words.
"You are not welcome in my house." I whispered. He laughed in amusement.
"Then come down." I did as told making sure to be as quite as possible. Sure enough there Miguel was leaking against a black car as a man sat in the front seat.
"How is it you always look this good?" The man questioned. His eyes making my way up my body as he walked closer. He pressed me against the wall a hungry look in his eye.
"Does your wife know you're a whore?" I spit pushing him off of me. His eyes lit up in delight as she shook his head.
"She doesn't need to know everything." He mused forcing his lips into mine. Miguel tasted like poison and bourbon. I couldn't argue he was an angelic looking man but the devil was once one to and that's all I could see when I looked at him.
"Remember who you belong to when you get back into bed with him Rhiannon." Miguel warned walking back to his car. "You're mine. I will make sure you never get to be his.

I made my way back into my apartment feeling sick. Tonight went from being incredible to a nightmare. I crawled back into bed unsure of anything.
"Come closer," EZ whispered. "I want to make up for lost time." He kissed my shoulder softly. I wanted that to but I wasn't sure we would get to.