________________________

"I think I have a problem in controlling my instincts" he admits, Aizawa quirks a brow

"Why is that?"

"I tried to eat a rat today"

"Hm, just like a cat" Izuku frowns

"Snakes eat rats too..."

"I know, I'm just messing with you, so you want to overcome your instincts?"

"Y-" before he can even finish the sentence, Aizawa throws out a toy rat and Izuku lunges for it, sinking his teeth into rubber, his eyes widened.

"Let's start working on that"

_________________________

Izuku twitched as the bird outside of the window bumps into the glass repeatedly, the urge to crash out and sink his teeth into it rising uncontrollably, his tongue kept flickering out, trying to sense a taste of the bird , his ears twitched with each audible bump at the window and his hands were restless, unsure of what to do, his claws were retracted, ready to kill.

He doesn't notice his classmates looking at him, a bit frightened.

Finally having enough of it he stood up.

"Sir can I go to the bathroom?" He asks, a bit more high pitched than usual, before realizing he's made eye contact while trying to show dominance, he quickly lowers his gaze and finally his teacher is able to speak.

"Sure, and uh, take your time" he nods and quickly rushes out of the classroom.

With him gone, Katsuki opens the windows and grabs the little shit of a bird.

It was a toy.

Fuck.

_______________________

"I'm making progress but it's not that good" Izuku said, dodging a punch, with Aizawa's arms stretched, he took it and flipped his teacher over.

"Earlier in class there was this bird, and it kept trying to get to me, like it wants to be eaten, do you think birds can be suicidal, Aizawa-sensei?" Aizawa quickly regained footing and got in a stance

"Not bad, you managed to catch me off guard- I'm sure the bird just wanted to be on your hair, it's shiny" Izuku pauses for a moment and at that moment, silken scarves wrap around him and he yelps before he's quickly released

"Try to keep yourself alert" he nods

"Is my hair shiny?"

"It shines like your scales but its faint, it doesn't really seem like hair" he said reaching out for it, they rumbled a bit, swaying but it quickly stops when the hand touches a strand.

"I haven't noticed it move like that, has it always been able to move?" Izuku nods

"Not sure why but it does that sometimes, it's not really sentient..."

"Have you considered growing it out?" Izuku shakes it head

"I don't like long hair"

Out of all sudden, Aizawa throws another rubber rat toy, Izuku's eyes widened, his entire body is tense, he grabbed it but he didn't bite- but his fangs were retracted, ready to do so if he wanted, he paused.

"I think I need to practice it a bit more?"

"You think?"

_________________________________

Izuku was daydreaming in class, he wasn't really sure what it's about, all he knows is that he's thinking, he's thinking and thinking and thinking. It was sunny today and he doesn't notice the light hitting his hair, making it shine a faint emerald green, nor does he notice that some of his classmates have caught unto this, Katsuki stares at him, a bit perplexed, he got out of his desk and walk towards him.

Izuku was still daydreaming, of large warm gentle hands, running through his hair, it seemed to come true and he purred at the hand that placed itself on his head, leaning unto it and leeching the unusual amount of warmth from it, until he realized that Aizawa-sensei is not here and there's only one person in class who had unusually warm hands because his quirk is exploding his hands.

He opened his eyes owlishly and looked up, seeing the blonde with wide eyes and red on his cheeks, his hand, frozen in Izuku's hair before he remembers to look down from direct eye contact.

"W-What the fuck?!" Katsuki says, stepping backwards away from him, Izuku flushed an equal amount of red from embarrassment, he can't believe he just did that.

Thankfully the teacher arrived, breaking off the tension, or not, Katsuki was forced to return to his seat which was right behind him, Izuku doesn't care if he got called out of it more than once, he kept his head buried in his desk the rest of the day.

__________________________

"I think you should stop petting me too much, I'm starting to dream about it, literally" Izuku says while he's being pet right after training.

"Oh I see-"

"No keep petting me" Izuku hissed when Aizawa tried to take his hand off from his head. Only sighing in content when Aizawa returned back to stroking it.

"Hmm, are you really sure you want me to pet you less?" Izuku was quiet but Aizawa already knows the answer

He throws a rubber rat infront of Izuku, to his surprise, Izuku ignores it, much more entrance in being pet, when he pulls his hand away, Izuku hissed but as he noticed the rat he lunged at it

Still needs training