{Chapter One} An Accident

MCD Lucinda's POV

The potion went horribly wrong. It was one of the potions from the old book she found in Enki's library- the only one she could open and read. She thought it would help jog Aphmau's memories of being Irene, and it seemed to have worked fine, so she hurried towards the town. Aphmau was taking a well needed break, lounging under a tree watching Alina and Lilith play. Garroth stood over, guarding them as usual. Travis and Katelyn, who were visiting from the Guard Academy were talking nearby. On the other side of the trees, Lucinda could see Nekoette and Dmitri sparring, Dante and Kawaii-Chan watching them. All seemed peaceful.

"Hi Lucinda." Aphmau smiled.

"What dat?" Alina asked sweetly, pointing at the potion.

"Don't touch," Lucinda instructed her, "It's for your mama."

"Is it now?"

"It's something from that old potion book I found. I thought it would help you regain some of your memories."

"Well then we have to try it." Aphmau sat up straighter and accepted the goblet.

She hesitantly put it to her lips and took a sip. At first, nothing happened, but then Aphmau began to glow with a bright light. Lucinda wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but she knew this wasn't meant to happen.

A flash, and then a whoosh, as the world went black. Lucinda groaned and blinked open her eyes, staring up at a blue sky.

MyStreet Lucinda's POV

Lucinda was just sorting out potion ingredients when she felt an unnatural surge of magical energy. What is that, she wondered, maybe I should go investigate.

Thanks for reading :) Sorry for the really short chapter. I'm trying to get as much as I can done before the holidays end and prepping begins for the writing competition. Hopefully the next one will be longer.