Remainder of the checkup, she informed me on different type of abortions and the adoption route. She booked me another appointment two weeks away and prescription for prenatal vitamins. She wondered if I wanted the ultrasound, but I declined quickly. I don't want to have to look at anything I might be terminating when I decide to.

Walking into the waiting room, my mom stood once she saw me. I didn't speak. I headed straight for the door causing her to gather her things quickly and follow behind me. She kept calling my name, while I ignored her and made it to her Chevy Trail Blazer. I tried pulling the passenger door open, but it was locked.

"Giselle, what's going on?" She asked standing beside me.

"I'm good," I lied keeping my hands on the door handle, "Can you unlock the door? I have to get to school."

She eyed me for a second before giving up on the conversation and unlocked the doors. I pulled it open and climbed inside, while she walked around to get in herself. I buckled myself up as she done the same and started the ignition. She backed out the parking spot before heading to the school.

Once there, I didn't waste my time to climb out and shut the door. I hugged the bomber jacket close to me since it's windy, and a slight chill outside due to it being the fall season. I went straight to the officer to get a pass and headed to my fourth period; Spanish. Mrs. Ramirez was in the process of telling what would be done to today when I knocked on the closed door.

"Do you have a–" I cut her off from asking about a pass by showing it to her. She grabbed it as I walked in and went to sit in my assigned seat that's next to Dayanara.

Dayanara and I have became cool over the months. She was a sweet, laid back girl. She was completely opposite than her friend that has a ugly name. We practically had to get to know each other since we're partners for everything in this particular class.

"Hey," She smiled as I took a seat. "Everything okay?"

I breathed out. "Not at all."

"Want to talk about it?" She asked; I looked over at her and I could tell she was genuinely concerned.

"I found out that I'm pregnant at my checkup." I informed her in a low tone.

Her eyebrows rose. "Congratulations! You don't seem happy?"

"Because I'm not." I admitted with a sigh, "The father is...a whole bitch and I know nothing about being a mother. Hell, I don't even get along with my own damn mother. How are I gonna teach someone something?"

"You learn." She spoke like it was that easy. "I'm not a mother but you will learn along the way. I know you don't get along with your mother but she can definitely help you with what you don't know. I hope you really think about the option I'm sure your gynecologist informed you about. I know you'll be an amazing mother."

I laughed. "You really don't know me well."

"I know you have a guard up," She began to say. "You don't want to let anyone in because of the reputation about you. You get defensive all the time even when the person is being genuine. You're scared but what you have to accept and know is that there are people that will help you and does believe you are better than the rumors. You will be a great mother."

I smirked at her words. They were genuine. I could tell she meant what she was saying to me. Only person to ever make me feel their words in the heart is Adya. She always knew what to say to make me believe I can be more than whatever is said about me.

It felt good to have someone believe in me. I barely believe in myself.

Remainder of school was a drag. I was happy when the final bell dismissed everyone and we could go home. I stepped off the bus with four other people that live in the same apartments as me, and strolled up the small hill. I got closer to my breezeway and stopped walking for a second when I noticed Menace leaning on the hood of his car.