ĄƁ|⑤.

I grinned from ear to ear watching Kenzo drink from the straw of my lemon water, as Khalil's phone rung for the umpteenth time since we've been in this restaurant

I grinned from ear to ear watching Kenzo drink from the straw of my lemon water, as Khalil's phone rung for the umpteenth time since we've been in this restaurant. My smile fell instantly, as I moved my attention on him while he looked around while talking to somebody. His eyes landed on me, and I gave him look saying in no so many words to get the fuck off the phone.

"Aight, I'ma get at you bro," He spoke to the other person before hanging up. "Why you trippin'?"

"Cause that phone has rung over ten damn times. What's so important?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing important, Cree. Chill."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah freaking right. You're such a liar."

"Fuck I gotta lie for, Cree?" He frowned at me, "It wasn't nothing important."

I stared at him because I notice over the past two months he been lying to me. It be about small shit too. I tell you now, if he cheating on ME, I'm burning all his clothes, shoes, and that fucking PS4 he can't get enough of playing.

"Why you looking at me like that?" He questioned with a mouth full of his food.

"We finna leave. Waiter!"

"Why? What's the issue?"

"Nothing important." I rolled my eyes once the waiter walked up, "Can I have to-go boxes, please?"

The waiter nodded before walking away, and Khalil spoke saying, "Man, you on bullshit, bruh."

"No, yo LYIN ass on bullshit. That's all you been doing the past two months is lying and carrying that fucking backpack around. The fuck is in there in the first place?" I reached to grab it, but it snatched it away so fast.

I scoffed and took the to-go boxes from the waiter after thanking him. I tossed one at Khalil's face, and it fell to the floor. He sucked his teeth, and snatched the box up from the floor.

"You fucking buggin', Cree. Real shit." He began to pack his food.

I ignored him the whole time I packed my food from the plate and into the to-go box. Once I finished, I closed the box and stood from the booth, picking Kenzo up and carried him on my hip while walking towards the exit of the restaurant and leaving Khalil at the table.

I had Kenzo buckled in his carseat in no time before I climbed into the driver seat, staring the ignition and backing out the spot I parked in. Khalil was walking outside whenever I switched gears to drive, about to leave his lying ass, but he opened the passenger door. I wasted no time to pull off, not even allowing him to close the door in time.

"The fuck you driving dumb for with my son in the car for?" He asked angrily, putting the dumb ass bag in the backseat.

"Shut up before I press hard on this break and knock yo lying ass head on the dashboard, dummy." I warned calmly while driving.