"I already knew," Scottie said, looking at Shawn. "Megan told me last night."

He instantly jumped back with his fists raised in defense as Shawn turned to strike him.

Zeiler took a deep breath as Scottie and Shawn took playful swings at each other before wrestling each other to the ground. Tyler picked up a handful of chips and leaned against the door frame to watch them.

"Just trying to have a nice Friendsgiving but I forgot I'm friends with a bunch of children." Zeiler muttered.

Tyler turned, his eyes wide in mock outrage. "Take it back," he said in a low voice, coming towards her. She screamed in petition as he put his arms around her and kissed the side of her face.

"Gross," Scottie yelled from the ground as Shawn pinned him down. "Stop that."

"Hold him still and make him watch," Zeiler said to Shawn, her arms around Tyler's waist as she pressed her lips to his.

Scottie cried out in protest under Shawn's weight.

"Scott, you have a new girlfriend every month, you shouldn't be offended by real love." Zeiler said. "Speaking of which, what girl did you invite to this?"

Scottie smiled from the ground. "None."

Tyler let go of Zeiler and started applauding for him. Shawn got off him and helped him to his feet before giving him a slap on the back.

"Single during a holiday? Scottie, you're growing up," Shawn said, clasping hands with him. "Proud of you."

"Well, when I heard you were single again..." Scottie replied, winking at Shawn.

Shawn winked back. "Megan never stood a chance against you."

Zeiler looked at Tyler with exhausted eyes. She would never get used to their excessive goofiness with each other. The two were closer than brothers, and at times it was overwhelming.

"What?" Tyler said, looking back at Zeiler. "She really didn't."

***

Other than Amy's weirdness on Thanksgiving, the day went very well. Jean and Anthony seemed to forget about the fight they had the night before, and things were getting back to normal. They joked about the different things that happened with his family the entire way back, and the commute seemed much shorter the way back than the way there.

She started to fall asleep against the passenger window, but opened her eyes to watch Anthony singing to the radio. He tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, moving his head back and forth to the beat. Gosh, he was handsome. She swore she would never get tired of looking at him. They had their issues they needed to work through, but what couple didn't?

The longer she watched him, the more she realized how much she wanted to stay in this seat forever. She wanted to spend her life watching him sing along to the radio, one day as his wife. She imagined him quieting their children in the backseat. Driving them to school. Life seemed like it could never be that bad because she had him.

That Saturday, Jean went into work an evening shift. She told Anthony she would be exhausted afterwards, but would stop by the next day on her day off.

The shop was surprisingly dead for a holiday weekend, but Terry was there so Jean kept busy. She cleaned every nook and corner of the coffee bar, made sure the coffee stands were fully stocked, and kept moving. Terry was making the schedule in the back and finally came back up front to see Jean.

"It's not possible to get the store any cleaner," Terry said. "Why don't you take off early and go spend some time with that fiancé of yours?"

Jean smiled. "He's not my fiancé." As much as she liked to keep her hours as she was usually in a financial crunch, Anthony and her seemed to be in a really good place since the fight, and she thought it might be good to try to talk some more about the situation.