Sub Rosa

Ch.11- Sub Rosa

(AN- Early update since it's my birthday (Oct 9) As a side note, chapters 10-12 are purposefully anti-climatic. For the most part, these chapter have been written with the intention of finally revealing reader's secret and thus moving the story along to the next plot point after ch.12 which will be much more dramatic in nature then the last few parts. So until then enjoy the reveal this chapter and then the reactions next chapter. :D )

This place was in ruins... almost nothing seemed to be without a crack or tilting off the original foundation it had been on. So with every step he took, Todoroki had to make sure he was going the right way, and that he would not be injured from an accidental crash. After all, in the state the world was currently in, getting harmed was something he should fear as much as death itself.

But now seeing as he was alone and tasked with finding something or anything that might explain things a bit more, the male was casually walking through what appeared to be an old shopping district. The street was lined with either empty selves or ones that had broken and more then rotted items.

Even more so, he had to watch his steps to make sure he didn't accidentally push his foot downwards onto what he assumed to be the former residents of this place. Their bodies no longer made of flesh, but rather of various elements of nature: stone, wood, iron, etc

The faces of pain, fear, and anguish lined where their eyes would be, even some of them cracking from age and how poorly they had been treated. And as such, Todoroki took caution to not run into them or to accidentally knock over what remained of these people of Livtabt.

He wasn't sure why the people frozen in time seemed to not bother him... though he had a feeling it was because of what he had just gone through above. The images, sights, and feelings that were not his own overwhelmed him and he couldn't help but feel as if he was a bit out of it in every aspect.

In fact, everyone was... and so, in an effort to give everyone their space and the time to come to terms with what they had seen and experienced... everyone was off exploring some part of the city on their own. Maybe not the best choice as this place was still harboring bad vibes, but it was what he felt was needed for him to come back kicking.

Todoroki paused, taking in a large building that stood out amongst the rest. This one, for the most part, seemed to be in good condition as if someone had been taking care of it. A thick engraved word in a lost language passed by his eyes, and in a split decision, he decided to enter the establishment and see what exactly was inside of it.

The inside was something else, a large painting decorated the surface of it all. The images of multiple figures decorated the ceiling: a woman with a pair of scales painted in a starry background, a man with fire in his palms walking among a volcanic land, and a woman with gills like a fish standing among the snow and holding an outstretched hand towards the viewer were a few to name. It was clear to him that these were the city's depiction of the Gods... however, the young prince couldn't exactly place a few of them, seeing as this city's view and tales were a bit different then Highar's tales... the most notable being Prico depicted as a male when his own home saw this God as a female.

Outside of the canvas above him in the circular building, this place appeared to be a library. The entire place was a maze of books and shelves, with the books themselves looking to be the most pristine things in this entire place. Now, this didn't mean they were perfect, but the books were not falling apart at their bindings it appeared. So he had at least found a place to start.

Todoroki walked through, trying to see anything that looked familiar to him or some indication that he'd be able to read anything here. But nothing... no words were capable for him to understand. And with a huff, the male leaned against a shelf trying to figure out what to do next.