Amor Et Melle Et Felle Est Fecundissimus

Ch.8- Amor Et Melle Et Felle Est Fecundissimus

You stared longingly at the display behind the window, the various jeweled daggers making you drool with how shiny they were. Your own dagger, while being great at actually robbing and cutting, sadly didn't look as fancy as these ones.

You pouted slightly when you thought of how in a city this size and with the people you were traveling with how you'd need to play it cool and maybe actually contribute to the monetary system.

After all... seeing as you were traveling with two royals, a group of three goody-good hearted adventurers, a half-dragon, and now your 'I only do item recovery work' mercenary... you might as well be on your best behavior. And while you could have bought yourself this dagger with the gold you had... you were currently a little short.

Your rare act of kindness yesterday reminding you that now you only had a few gold and silver pieces left to your name. Once this little adventuring party was over you'd have to head to a nice little trading market and store up on supplies again.

Until then, you spend your money wisely... much like everyone else was hopefully doing this afternoon. Especially since tomorrow marks the day everyone would be heading off towards the north.

The only thing that greeted you all there would be ice, snow, some mountains, and cold air... and that wasn't even going to be the worst of it. Because once your trope reached the mystical forest... that's where the true struggles would appear.

You shrugged, deciding to see if any shop near here sold any sort of winter supplies. That might be the best option for this moment, seeing as you'd need some. You couldn't remember the last time you were in a cold region, as you tended to stick to mild, livable climates. You hated the cold almost as much as you hated the heat after all.

You turned to begin to look at more practical places, only to see someone making their way through the crowd to the shop you were currently standing outside of. You blinked, seeing the locks of red and white come towards you. The owner paused when he saw you, his face seeming to stay neutral, despite how neither of you had seen the other since you had come into town yesterday.

"Well hello, your highness." You teased, noticing how the prince stiffened at the mention of his true title.

Before he could ask you to not use such a rank out loud though, you laughed. Your hand waving him off as if to tell him to not worry at all about what you had just said. He could only shut his mouth, realizing that he was far away from his kingdom, where not even his own citizens knew what he looked like. So... what was the issue if you let one slip as a tease, no one around the both of you would be the wiser after all.

"So what are you doing here?" You asked the male, seeing as he had come close to you now, wanting to have a more private conversation away from prying ears.

"Looking for a new sword... my old one seems to have gone with the bandits." He sighed, looking up towards the sign above him. "And from what Midoriya and Iida have relaid to me from the guild in town... Yaoyorozu Weaponry is the best place to get yourself a weapon."

You nodded, pointing towards the door. "Well the entrance is right there, so go on in and ask them for what you'd like."

Todoroki nodded but made no move to go towards the door. His eyes remained locked on yours, a message secretly being sent to you through his hues of silver and cerulean. With a sigh, you pointed towards the door and began to move towards it.

"I can't believe I have to help a prince go shopping for a sword... don't they teach you royals how to like... I don't know? Live on your own? Or to survive in times of emergencies?"