Felix Culpa

Ch.1- Felix Culpa

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

The stage lights dimmed as the man fell to his knees. His body curling up against the floor as he begged the Gods above to give him some sign that he wasn't wasting his life away. That he had a purpose beyond being a mere farmhand in this cursed world.

The lights fading further as he continued to cry out for the Gods. His tone becoming enraged and then demanding for them to just smite him if this was all he was meant to be and do. His life meaningless if he didn't know his own destiny.

And then, as the man declared that he would off himself by his own hands, a green light illuminated the stage. The female gently being lowered by strings towards the stage her fellow partner had so graciously given his speech moments prior.

"What is it that you ask of my kind, mortal?" She asked the man, her body comprised of green and a pair of goat-like horns on her head. "Have we not given you enough thus far? Food, water, love, peace, and now even technology... what else do you wish for us to do?"

"Oh please, great Prico! The God of the land and its growth! Hear my plea this one time!" The man crawled towards the woman, kissing her bare feet with tears streaming down his face.

"Then speak to me... and I shall see if your grievance has any merit." She clicked her tongue, eyes narrowing towards the man.

"Allow us to know of your existence further! Allow mankind to know what it's like to share a single common trait with your kin!" He begs, hand flying over his chest as he rises to his feet.

You snort at this, finding it rather hilarious how a God would even be willing to make a mere man related to a God. The mere thought was absurd! If man was supposed to be among the Gods... then they would.

And so with a rolling of your eyes, you tug further into the bag, trying to find what you were looking for as this play continued. The kingdom of Highar often held many cultural festivals, and today's attraction seemed to be an origin story on the God's ultimate blessing on the world.

While each kingdom in this world had its own version of this myth, you had to admit that Highar's tale was quite... dramatic. Amusing, but dramatic. So you could luckily pay attention to your own thoughts and goals while the play continued on for everyone else who had been suckered in with this story.

"Kin?" The woman chuckled. "You mortals vastly outnumber us Gods... there is no possibility for us to give any sort of immortality to any of you!"

"Then... bestow upon of your blessings! The mark that one of you Gods knows of us! Allow us to know that at least a God sees the benefit in us... even if we don't see it ourselves!"

"A marking saying that you belong to our own alliance..." The woman smirked, letting off a chuckle. "I do fancy the idea of such... maybe you had a decent idea... one that I'm sure my kin and I would love to implement onto this world."

"Oh great God Prico... I thank you for your kindness and time." The man once more crawled onto his hands and knees.

"Raise to your feet, worthy mortal." The play God raised her hand. "As I find you worthy to wield a part of my power, as long as your actions act upon my morals and ideals."