Chapter Twenty-One: A Trip Across the Pond

Clint still decided to come. Even after finding out the truth. After I told him, he told me to wake up Peter and grab my bags. So, I did. Peter was a little groggy at first but we all made it into the elevator and down to the parking garage. Clint borrowed one of Tony's many cars and drove us to a landing strip where Tony stores some of the new Quinjets he built. Once Clint got the jet running we all buckled in for takeoff. Which takes us to our present time where we are six hours in to out seven and half hour flight.

"Okay, when we land it will be about 5:20 AM. So, we should head to the hotel, check in and then take a nap. We will start searching surveillance footage when we wake up. For now we should rest." I explain to Peter and Clint as I continue to pace right outside the cockpit. Clint seems to ignore me and continues to focus on the open skies. I sigh and head to the loading area and take a seat next to Peter. My leg bounces up and down as I continue to over think what can happen when we find him.

"Hey, you need to relax. You are starting to freak me out." Peter's voice breaks the silence as he places his hand on my knee to stop the bouncing. I look to him and meet his eyes.

"I know, I know. What if he didn't want me, and that's why I was in that alley. What if I really was a mistake and he put me in that alley hoping that something would eat me?" I stand back up and start pacing in front of Peter. I continue to pace until Peter pulls me to sit down next to him.

"So, what. Who cares what he thinks. You have so many people who love and care about you. If he doesn't want to know the incredible and amazing person you've grown up to be, than it's his loss. But we have to find him first." Peter explains, looking me right in the eye, not leaving room for an argument. I sigh leaning back in my seat, closing my eyes.

"Did you know that we don't even have a real birth certificate on record. Dad found me with a slip of paper that stated my gender, day of birth, and my first name. It was a crappy piece of binder paper. Nothing official. I technically don't exist." I tell Peter with my eyes still closed and my head leaned back against the side of the Quinjet. We sit there in silence as Peter takes in my words.

"Hey! We're about to land. Buckle up." Clint's voice breaks the silence through out the plane. Has it really been an hour and a half? Instead of questioning it, we both buckle in and prepare for landing. The decent is smooth but the actual landing of the plane is a little rough. When I go to comment on it, Clint glares at me over his shoulder. I keep it to myself as we exit the Quinjet. When we exit, a car pulls up and honks at us Clint holds out his arm as a sign to not move any further. I roll my eyes knowing that mom probably called a S.H.I.E.L.D agent here. When the door opens, I notice a curly bush of hair that I would recognize anywhere.

"LT? They called you in?" I call out after muscling past Clint to go give her a hug.

"Yeah, I'm your guide and I will be taking you and Barnes back to base after you have acquired him. Clint will be taking Peter to his Aunt's after we find Barnes. School starts on the sixth of September. By the way, I'm loving your hair." LT explains pulling away from my hug to address us all at the same time. I look at Peter and Clint, getting their confirmation before turning and give LT a nod. She turns motioning for us to get into the car. I forgot that I changed my hair the way that Aphrodite said I could. It worked, it freaked me out beyond compare, but it worked. So, I changed it to a lavender right before I was cleared. I can't believe I forgot about that.

"Now, I'm taking you guys to the Chamberlain Hotel. I booked two rooms with twin beds, I already checked in. Logan and I will be sharing a room and you two will have the other. Agent May's orders." LT explains as she navigates the crowded streets of England. She doesn't take her eyes off the road as she continues to debrief Clint who's sitting in the font seat. I stare out the window, watching the buildings pass by. When we come to a stop in front of a brown brick built building with small bushes at every pillar. We all exit the vehicle, bringing our bags with us. When we enter the lobby, LT waves at the receptionist as we head to the elevator. We have to wait a couple seconds for the doors to open and when they do we all enter and LT presses the button taking us to the third level.