Chapter Seven: Bullet Wounds and Babysitter's

I find that the trail leads me to Leo and Skye hiding behind some bushes. I slowly make my way to them, the pain in my shoulder throbbing with every step.

"Coulson was right. Cybertek led us to Quinn." Leo comments as he observes Quinn exiting a vehicle.

"My dad is always right. It's actually rather annoying." I inform the pair, scaring the crap out of the two. I thought they heard me?

"What the bloody hell, Logan! Was that necessary?" Leo freaks jumping about a foot in the air. When he glares at me, I shrug observing the security guard outside the house.

"Activate the tracker, let them know we're here." Skye tells Leo as she continues to stare down the house. It's like Skye is trying to find the fastest route in.

"You want to go in." Leo and I say at the same time after he activates the tracker. We stare at Skye for a bit before she answers.

"We can't let Quinn get away again. If Coulson were here he wouldn't let that happen. He wouldn't want us to let that happen." Skye looks at us knowing that we both agree with her statement. I nod in acknowledgement knowing my dad better than anyone else.

"You're right." Leo agrees observing the cars.

"Hell, to the yes!" I stage whisper as Skye and I crouch next to Leo.

"Can you disable their cars?" Skye questions while staring at the guard left outside.

"With my bare hands." He takes out a miniature EMP. Next, he pulls out what I am told is a Night-Night gun and hands it to Skye. "Take this."

"You'll need it out here." Skye says pushing it back towards Fitz.

"Just take it," Leo insists, glancing at me after she takes it. I nod giving him a silent answer. "I've got Logan to cover my back."

"Be careful, okay?" Leo and I say at the same time as I start to move towards the building.

"You too." Skye responds looking at the both of us. I nod while Fitz turns his body towards her to respond.

"Okay." With that the three of us get up and walk away. I head with Leo as he walks towards the cars. "You weren't lying when you said that you've been trained by Barton and Romanoff, right?" Leo questions, as he gets ready to roll under the cars.

"Nope. I've got your back, bro." I clarify with an eye roll as I check the area making sure we are clear. Leo is still under the car when one of the guards flies out the window. After that the gunshots only get louder bringing to mind one person.

"Skye." Leo voices my thoughts as he rushes towards the house. I go to follow but I'm spotted a security guard that had remained outside. When he comes at me I manage to duck the punches and sweep his legs out from under him giving me an advantage. I take a few swings at him, but he manages to block every single punch on his body. He lands one on the shoulder I dislocated which knocked me to the ground. My scream must have alerted someone because next thing I know the guy is out on the ground and Leo is standing over me.

"I guess you didn't lie about the training." Leo comments as he helps me up from the ground. My dad gives me a 'we will talk about this later' look as well as Jemma when she sees the condition of my shoulder. Jemma comes over and gently pokes injury I honestly don't know what that's going to do. The look on Mom's face screams pride but the look on Ward's is surprise at what Leo said.

"Where's Skye?" Dad asks the both of us turning towards Fitz. We both point towards the house, Leo voicing my thoughts.

"S-s-she didn't want to let Quinn get away." Dad nods to Ward who walks off in the other direction while dad walks into the house.

"Logan are you okay?" Jemma questions as she steps closer to my arm that I'm holding close to my body.

"Yea-no, not okay. He popped my shoulder out of place. Yes, mom, it's the same shoulder. Pop it back in and I'll be fine, Jemma." I started to lie but the looks I was receiving from the three made me change my mind taking a step away from Jemma.

"No, this time we are taking you to an actual facility to get it looked at. So, stay behind me and close to Fitz-Simmons." Mom retorts before Jemma can try anything, and by the look on Jemma's face she agrees.

"Come on let's go," Leo, says as we enter the house finding my Dad kicking Quinn's ass.

"Where's Skye?" Dad asks Quinn as he points his gun at Quinn.

"You know, Agent Coulson, it's dangerous...to keep sending her like that, all alone...when she means so much to you." Quinn grins at my dad, enticing father to hit him with the gun and Ward to push him against the table.

"Search the house, find her! Now!" Dad yells and as everyone splits up he turns back to me. "Not you, you're hurt, again."

"Fine." I grumble as he runs off leaving my mom to handcuff Quinn.

"You must be Logan. I heard so much about you from Donnie. You were-" Mom knocks him out before he could finish his ranting. Donnie was in bed with Ian Quinn? And talked about me?

"I want you to go back to the plane and get some pain killers. I don't want you any worse then you already are." Mom states as she begins locking Quinn to the table. Not wanting to argue or see anything else, I agree and when I get the coordinates of the plane I'm out of there, making my way back.

I'm only in the Bus for fifteen minutes before the chaos erupts. Everyone rushes on rolling a hyperbaric chamber. All I'm able to do is stare in confusion as Jemma starts talking.

"Dad! Dad what's happening?" I question as soon as I get my thoughts together but it's no use as I'm ignored. So, when I'm close enough to the chamber I take my chances and peer inside. In the chamber is a deadly pale Skye with bullet wounds to the abdomen. All I can do is focus on Skye, thinking that if I went in after Quinn instead of her that Skye would be fine. It would be me laying on the table instead, or I could have protected both of us.

"Stop it, Logan. I know exactly what you are thinking, and you are wrong. Nothing you could have said would have changed her mind." Mom breaks my chain of thought as she leaves the lab to the cockpit to go start the plane. Before I can respond Ward seems to remember my ninja-ness from earlier.

"I thought you were a science techie like Fitz-Simmons. What the hell was that back there?" He demands getting into my space, still baffled from the events of today.

"My adoptive parents are Melinda May and Phil Coulson. One is the best field agent to ever go through operations, also known as the Calvary but hates the horrible name. The other is the S.O. to Barton and Romanoff, babysitter of Thor's hammer, along with Tony Stark and all the Avengers. My babysitters consisted of Maria Hill, Barton, Stark, Romanoff, and Nick Furry himself. Did you really expect me not trained on how to defend myself?" I finish my rant with my hand on my hip looking Ward in the eyes.

"Fair point. Then who was your main trainers?" He questions with a quizzical look on his face. I take a step towards him, my lips curling into a smirk before I answer.

"Barton and Romanoff."