Chapter Fourteen: Family Reunion?

"Logan, can I talk to you? It's important that you hear what I have to say." My dad speaks softly from the door of the room Leo and I are sharing. Instead of answering I give him a nod so he knows it's okay to enter. "Well, I'm gonna start because this info might make you mad at me again. You know when you were little, do you remember the stories I would tell you about the Greek gods?" He pauses long enough for me to nod before he continues. "They're true, all the stories. Now, don't freak out because Thor is real, and he was a myth as well." I cut in after he stops talking to ask a question about his claim.

"Honestly, it's not that far of a stretch. But why are you telling me this? What does this have to do with me?" I question while glancing at Leo to make sure he is still sleeping.

"Well, you're demigod. I haven't been able to figure out your godly parents-" dad is cut off by a raspy voice from the bed next to me.

"Her dad is a demigod, and her mom is a goddess, but I don't know who. I'm surprised you didn't figure it out, son of Hades." Leo speaks as if he knows every little detail about the gods. When I turn and meet his eyes, I notice a glint in them, like the weight on his shoulders is gone.

"What? How did you figure out her parents before me? I raised her. Wait... did you say demigod. As in she is a legacy of another god and a demigod, oh my gods. This is just-" my dad was cut off by the door slamming open. The sudden noise brought out attention to the door.

Only to see a strange man dressed in surfer shorts and a Hawaiian t-shirt. Wearing flip flops to bring the outfit together. His dark hair and ocean green eyes distract you from the look of annoyance on his face. His bright eyes scan the room landing on Coulson before skipping to me. When his eyes meet my gaze I see a flash of recognition. Before I am able to point it out the weird man starts yelling.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I have been looking for you for 16 years! Oh, my Hades! I am going to murder my son when I get my hands on him!" The man trails off, murmuring about fixing his child then killing him. Coulson notices the weird look that must be gracing my features. He clears his throat, bringing the man's attention back.

"Did I forget to introduce myself? Crap, I did. My name is Triton messenger of the sea and the heir to Poseidon's throne, and I'm your grandfather. But you don't smell like a sea breeze, you kinda smell like a spring br-oh, that sly dog. Of course, he would catch the eye of a goddess." The man named Triton introduced himself before he started to rant about his son. It wasn't long after that when Coulson noticed my confusion. He rolled his eyes before turning to the man.

"She doesn't know yet, Triton. I was about to show her before you stomped in here. Thank you for telling us that she is your legacy and the Great-Granddaughter of Poseidon. Wait... you have only one kid. And he was- are you kidding me?!? Of all people, its Logan who's stuck with a really messed up family tree!" Coulson scolded then exclaimed when he connected the dots, before turning back to me. "Logan, the only thing I ask of you is that you don't freak out, please." I nod my head, but he doesn't get to do anything as someone I thought to be dead arrives.