Chapter Twelve: I really hate Grant Ward

I must have been locked in there for days, before a soldier changes up the daily routine. I glare at him as he approaches me, flinching away as he roughly grabs my arms. When my gaze travels to his face I notice a smirk of satisfaction grow on the soldier's lips before he begins to talk.

"There are some visitors demanding your presence. Seems like there are people who care about your well-being." The soldier sneers as he leads me down a hallway. He wasn't gentle about it either, the soldier pushed me throughout the hallway. Not caring if I tripped or bumped into walls. When we finally entered the main part of the plane, I had twice as many bruises then when I left my prison.

"Logan! Oh, my gods, what happened to you? Who did this?" The last person I expect shouts from across the living space of the plane. When I look towards the voice, my gaze meets the eyes of my two best friends. Jemma looks ready to burst into tears at the sight of my torture ridden body. Leo's eyes hide a plan behind the over flowing emotions conflicting within his mind.

"Really? Just like that, kid? Coulson probably figured out that we were using the barbershop. Now the real question is if he realized his daughter is missing. Does he?" Garrett continues talking to Leo before noticing my presence. Making a snide comment about my current situation. He glances at the soldier behind me, before speaking again. "Call Kaminsky. He'll know what to do. Oh I bet Coulson didn't notice until someone told him." Garrett turns to talk with other soldiers after the order is given. The dude holding on to me walks me over to Jemma and Leo before walking off to make the call.

I tune out the last of the Garrett's words as Jemma walks over to me looking at me with the 'Dr. Simmons' look, making sure that I have no broken bones. I pull comfort from her, as she stands incredibly close, almost like I would crumble to the floor if she wasn't hovering as close as possible. I am pulled out of my world as Ward takes a step towards Leo and grabs his hand.

"What's he got there?" Garrett speaks from across the room. Wards movement must have grabbed his attention as well. Ward pulls Leo's hand out of his pocket and opens it, reveling a hand buzzer and a quarter. Ward looks to Garrett before answering.

"One of those prank joy buzzers." Ward answers, to which Garrett scoffs before turning around, going back to talking.

"Yeah. You know me, always kidding around." Leo says before pressing the button. The lights blow out and a blue line of electricity to arc across Garrett's chest. Causing him to grunt and lean back against a seat.

"What the hell was that?" Ward shouts as he rushes to Garrett's side helping him stand upright. Garrett eyes Leo before looking at Jemma holding me in her arms.

"An EMP." Garrett answers as Leo tries to rush a Garrett, only to have one of the soldiers behind us grab him holding him back.

"Looks like the jokes on you." Leo's words are dripping with venom as Ward rushes out of the area. I look at Leo in shock before turning back to Jemma, rattling off the questions on my mind.

"Is Garrett like that Robot man? Oh, my god, I'm going to die today, aren't I?". I don't even here Jemma's response as I zone out trying to wrap my mind around everything that I discovered. I can hear people yelling but all the words are fuzzy and not making any sense. Discovering that Garrett is HYDRA didn't shock me but finding out that he is a cyborg threw me for a loop. How could I not notice this physical change? As I ponder my mental stability, I can feel myself moving as the chaos continues around me. I'm not truly broken out of my trance until I hear Leo yelling at me to run. He starts pushing me down a hallway, Jemma in the lead choosing the hallways we go down. We enter through a door and Leo stops to lock it.

"Go." Leo says as he nudges us to continue running through-out the planes inner working. Jemma's sudden stop causes me to bump into her and stumble backwards. I look over her shoulder, my eyes widen at the awful man standing in front of me.

"Oh! Oh, no! Fitz! Logan!" The both of us start to back away from Ward and towards Leo. He must have been at a door because I am pushed in as Leo and Jemma follow locking the door behind them.

"Open the door, Fitz." Ward commands as he tries to open the door. Leo leans his head against the glass look Ward in the eyes.

"Ward, please... I need to understand." Leo pleas with Ward, not able to grasp the concept that Ward has always been HYDRA since the beginning. I get why it's hard for him to understand but Leo needs to accept the facts and move on.

"Leo, he has never been on our side. I know that this is hard for you but he kidnapped me for god sake! Please, believe the evidence that is right in front of you." I plead with Leo as Jemma does the same, but I don't catch her words over my own.
"No, I don't believe that. We're friend's, aren't we?" Jemma and I give Leo an 'are you kidding me' look behind his back. I look towards the cause of all this and see him moving towards a panel on the wall. "We've been friends. We've had laughs together." As Leo continues speaking, I notice Ward turn away from us, as if he is hiding from Leo's facts. The words from Leo's mouth become fuzzy as my balance begins to falter. I don't get the chance to call out to either of them before the pod begins to fall.