Chapter Twenty: Pit Stop at Avengers Tower

It wasn't long till we arrived in front of Avengers Tower. I observe the tower as we exit the car with our bags. I also thank the agent dad assigned as our driver before shutting the door. As the car takes off Peter and I walk into the lobby of the Tower. The last time I was here Leo had given me a bag full of Toblerone bars, maybe I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. My eyes scan the lobby looking for a familiar face. While I'm examining the front desk Peter nudges me pointing near the elevator. He noticed someone exiting the elevator, I smirk at Peter immediately realizing who it is.

"Happy Hogan! I thought you would have visited me when I was on mandatory bed rest. Did Stark keep you too busy?" I shout when Happy is completely out of the elevator. His head shoots up at the sound of his name. A smile breaks out across his face when he notices me standing in the middle of the lobby. Happy quickly crosses the lobby and pulls me into his arms. I drop my duffle bag to wrap my arms around him. When he pulls back he keeps his hands gripping my biceps like he still doesn't believe that I'm here.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't there. I was still at Hill's trial. I didn't think you got out of school till later. Are you, okay? Do I need to punch someone? Wait, you said you were in the hospital? What did they do? No, wait. You don't have to answer that. I'm-" I cut off Happy from his rambling with a small chuckle as I bend down to grab my bag from the floor.

"Don't worry, as far as I know the guy responsible is rotting in a deep dark hole. All the physical injuries are gone. The mental scarring will take a little while longer but it's getting there." I glance at Peter after the last statement, he's a little distracted by everything surrounding us. A smile takes over my face knowing that his presences has helped in dealing with everything going on in my head.

"That's good. Now, why are you here? I know you didn't come for me." Happy exposes my true intentions placing his hands on his hips, staring me down.

"I'm here to see either Clint or Natasha. There's something we need to speak with them about." I scratch the back of my neck looking around the lobby sheepishly after my words.

"Come on, I'll take you to them." Happy motions for us to follow him into the elevators. The ride up is silent no one knowing what to say. It doesn't take long before we arrive at the designated floor. When the elevator doors open, Peter and I exit without Happy. When I turn to ask why the doors are already shut. I roll my eyes at Happy's behavior and motion for Peter to follow me.

"Hello, Miss Coulson. I'm happy to see you again. Is there anything I can do for you?" A comforting British accent fills the hallway Peter and I are travelling down. Peter's head twist and turns trying to register where the voice is coming from.

"Hey Jarvis, it's good to hear you too. I was wondering if anyone is here? Specifically Clint and/or Natasha." I ask the AI as Peter and I walk into the common room. The gray couch is still present and the spotless kitchen gives me my answer.

"No, the team is currently out on a mission. Is that the boy you told me about? Peter Parker, is it?" Jarvis asks in a flat tone. It sounds innocent but I know its not, Jarvis was made by Tony. His question is anything but innocent.

"Oh, so you talked to me? To Jarvis? Oh, Jarvis what did she-umph?" I tackle Peter onto the couch and cover his mouth before he can finish his sentence. When I feel a wetness on my palm, I jump off of him and aggressively wipe my hand on my pants.

"Did you just lick me?" I shout, pointing my finger at him accusingly, while I am still wiping my hand on my pants.

"Yeah, I did. If I kicked you off me, your mom would have killed my or you would've killed me. Either way, it doesn't sound like a fun way to die." Peter sassily answers my question. I roll my eyes knowing that it's true but that doesn't mean I'm not grossed out. I give him a disgruntled look as my response, then walk into the kitchen to wash my hands. It's still the same with the spotless counters, and the fridge covered in my old drawings I did when I was 11.