"You know I'm the one who stops him from ripping off your limbs." Cain states plainly. "What?" Kai looks over to him and chuckles. "I'm just warning you. Don't mess with her. I warned you." Cain shrugs. "You should get going." Kai shakes his head, "No I'll leave with them." Cain shakes his head rolling his eyes. "Seriously? Because that looks normal. Two brothers who haven't spoken in years and are the leaders of opposing armies, are not travelling together." Kai thinks for a moment, "Alright fair point." Cain laughs at him, "And you want to be king one day?" "One day? I am king LITTLE brother." Cain shakes his head in dissatisfaction. "Tell Rickie to go with them. He'll know where to take them. Always a pleasure brother." He turns on his heels and walks towards the forest.

"He'll be lucky if he lasts a week with Damien." Cain drags his hand down his face.

---------------------------------------——————

I stand at the entrance of the room with my hands on my hips as I scan the room. When will be the next time I see it.

"Aryah!" A high pitched squeel catches my attention to the door. Mikayla bursts through, "Damien told me you're leaving?" I sigh, shifting my gaze to the floor. "It's not safe for me here Lala." She blinks a few times and shakes her head. "What did you just say? You... you remember the childhood nickname you gave me?" I give her a small smile and nod. I couldn't pronounce her name when I was young, so instead I said the end of her name. "I just got you back..." She sighs sadly. "I need you to stay here and look for Marina. We have to find her." She nods, "You're right. I'll pack you some snacks and water." She gives me a tight hug.

Damien pushes the door open, stepping into the room. He leans against the wall and shoves his hands in his pockets. Mikayla let's me go, turning around she gives Damien a nervous bow of the head and leaves.

"Are you okay?" He leans his head on the wall as he gives me a sweet look. I nod as I glide my way over to him. I slide my hands from his stomach, around his side and up his back, leaning my ear on his chest. "She's my last blood relative. I worry about her." He leans down, kissing me on the top of my head. "Understandable." He pulls his hands out of his pockets, wrapping them around my back. "I do have a surprise for you..." I lift my head from his chest and glance up to him. "To lighten the mood?" He finishes. "And what would that be?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "We didn't get a chance to go before all of this happened." He glances down to me, matching my curious eyes. "I thought you'd like to go to the capital." My jaw drops as I clap hysterically. "Yes!" I scream and wrap my arms around his neck. He chuckles and returns the embrace.

He holds me for a moment, then inhales deeply. His hands travel down, starting from my shoulder blades. Almost in slow motion, feeling every curve. He stops at my hips, squeezing each side like he's trying to stop himself from something.

"Fuck it." He whispers to himself. To my surprise he scoops me up, lifting me, wrapping my legs around him, I wrap my arms tighter around his neck to balance. He turns around and places me on the dresser, crashing his lips to mine. "God, I fucking missed you." He breathes in between each kiss. He needed this just as much as I did. Our kiss aggressive and passionate. He places his hand on the wall behind me, giving him leverage as he pushes his weight onto me. His opposite hand wrapped around my back, pulling me impossibly close to him. I begin unbuttoning his shirt until his chest is completely exposed. I glide my hand over his perfect torso, taking my time as I slide over every muscle from his stomach to his chest. At some point he had done the same thing, I had barely noticed he had unbuttoned my shirt, exposing my bra. He lightly bites my lip before he makes his way across my jawline. He twists his hand around my hair, pulling it lightly, causing me to tilt my head back, exposing my neck. As he makes his way down my neck, his hands make its way to my back, popping my bra open. He pushes off of the wall, taking me with him. He slams my back into the wall beside the dresser, never breaking our kiss. As one hand strategically placed under my bottom, the other slides up to playfully tease my breast. I groan, wrapping my fingers in his hair as I dig my nails into his back with the other hand. He smiles against my skin, so confident and he had every right to be; He knew exactly what he was doing.