Chapter 13: Motherly Advice

With Anthony's case having been terminated. The three of them had been able to pick up their usual routine. Anthony's work settled down to the point where he even had been able to get off work early. Which worked well and that he was able to enjoy. Especially since the days were turned warmer as summer had finally come. The hours started to get longer. So when he got home, it was still light enough out where he had a few hours to be able to enjoy the evening with Melanie and their daughter. Go with them for some walks around the block, or just sit on the grass in their yard to watch Beth play while him and Mel visited and enjoyed the weather.

Both Melanie and Anthony could hardly believe how much more time had passed. Beth was now a year old. Jonathan and her had learned to walk about a month apart. First Jonathan then came Beth. Not only was it hard to believe their daughter and godson were a year old. But also the fact their wedding was exactly three months away. Melanie had been glad the trial ended when it did, because then they had more free time to discuss what they wanted to do for the wedding. They had short enough time to prepare as it was.

With the wedding about three months away. Melanie was rather nervous. Not because she was about to marry Anthony. Melanie wasn't worried of that anymore. Though she didn't exactly realize it yet. How natural things seemed to be now with the three of them. She now suddenly thought them as a family. Melanie was unaware that all those thoughts she had at the beginning when they first met, worried about a chance of losing him, no longer seemed to matter. She didn't even notice that she no longer can hear those voices inside her head. Now that she made her choice. Melanie was more worried of the fact that she wanted to make sure she was going to have all she needed, the time the wedding came around. She was nervous that she would miss some kind of important detail.

Melanie knew things were going fast between her and Anthony since the beginning. It hadn't been all that long ago when Anthony had proposed to her. But they had been able to figure out a way to manage the events handed to them. Most people Melanie was sure, would frown upon her with what she did. Especially since the two of them had met quickly after what happened to her husband Paul. In fact, even her own parents weren't all that thrilled. But at least they didn't shut her out completely at the news. Her mother wanted to. But as usual, her dad being the peacemaker, was able to figure out a way to talk things through.

Melanie's thoughts disappeared with the knock at the door. Speaking of mother. She thought. Due to the winter putting a delay in their visits. It had been awhile since Melanie had seen her parents. But she as promised, at least called to check on them since she had been back home to Washington. Melanie knew it was her mother at the door since she had texted to let her know she was almost there. She was coming over for the week to hang out. But most importantly. Saturday was the day Melanie finally was to be at her appointment to find her dress. She of course was having Victoria over. Melanie had also invited Rachel and Audrey as well. Two of her old coworkers.

Rachel used to be Melanie's supervisor when she still worked at the hospital. They didn't seem to be as close as they used to. At least not since Melanie had been asked to leave, due to an incident she had at work. Though it appeared that, from what Victoria said, Rachel still asked about her, how she had been doing. Audrey was another person that Melanie worked with. They worked on the same surgical team. But had never really talked much. Until the incident she had during her pregnancy. Then the two became closer. Rachel helped Melanie to keep the fact that she had been pregnant with Paul's child but miscarried. Audrey was there to help Melanie also. Keep the other secret that Melanie was pregnant with Anthony's child. Victoria nor Levi hadn't known of the miscarriage for a long time. As Melanie had asked her coworker to keep it a secret. Though Rachel disagreed at the time, thinking Melanie should've told her friends at least.