Chapter 7 - Unknown

We sat down for a bit and he kept me close to him; I think he liked it though and I can’t say I didn’t like the company either.

"Are you a Werewolf?" I asked randomly. (Continue...)

Before he could answer more questions popped into my head one after another. "What’s this mark? Why won’t Lars talk to me? What was happening to me?" I asked Kane one after another.

He palmed his head and walked off signalling me to follow him closely. We walked into the school library once again and he oddly enough, he took me up to the romance level. I looked around before going into the small room. The walls were a pale grey and a large table was placed in the centre of the room.

"This is where Lars brought me." I said through sobs. He shut the door and took a seat at the table too; we looked around awkwardly for a while before Alice, Lars and Jessica came running in.

"I think it’s time we tell her everything." Kane said whilst completely ignoring my existence for that time.

Jessica’s eyes met mine and the usual dark stare vanished and weirdly turned into envy and sorrow. What is going on? I thought to myself as they took seats around the table too.

It wasn’t Kane or Lars that sat next to me this time; it was Alice who did. She took my hand as the others braced themselves for what they had to say. Everyone took a deep breath before Alice mumbled something in a foreign language and smoke filled the entire room.

I felt myself stumble back and trip on a rock as I rubbed my eyes I saw a forest clearing with a bonfire burning brightly. There were logs around the perimeter of the fire; kind of like at campfires.

I walked up to the fire and immediately felt its warmth radiating from the core. Alice walked behind me and held my hand as Lars and I exchanged looks; his were full of spite and mine were full of concern.

"What’s going on?" I whispered to Alice as the fire suddenly burned brighter and the warmth became stronger.

"First of all; I’m a witch, Lars is a Demon, Kane is a Werewolf and Jessica is a Vampire." Alice said as she sat me down on a log by myself. I looked around the circle as everyone looked at me nervously and awkwardly; how did I miss all this? I asked myself.

"Your Dad was an Angel and your Mum was a Demon." Kane added shyly. This is the first time he has ever been shy around me, I thought.

"As were mine." Lars inserted himself into the conversation.

"These pendants that we wear are our temporary bond. So when we found you we knew we had to get close to you." Alice said. I couldn’t help wondering if Jessica was going to speak and why I was being told all this because I have no freakish quality. I’m not a Demon, Witch, Vampire or Werewolf; I’m just Selena.

I started to see Kane itch his back and with that mine became itchy and unbearably sore at the same time. I didn’t have the strength to take all this useless information in; why are they telling me this? It’s not like it applies to me anyway; I saw the darkness envelope me then everything went dark.

I awoke in my bed was relieved that it was most likely all a dream; I looked over at my mirror and found a letter in the corner of it. I opened it, the letter read, ‘Dear Selena, everything that happened last night wasn’t a dream’.

Okay maybe it wasn’t a dream, I thought to myself as I threw on a lounging outfit and climbed out my window. I ran to the nearest shopping centre but I didn’t know why. When I got there Kane was standing there almost as if he was waiting for me to show up. I looked at him with a shocked expression, "Good it worked." He said.

"What did?"

"Wow, you really don’t get this imprinting stuff do you?" he asked. I froze and thought back and remembered the paw print on my arm. I lifted my sleeve and saw it was still there standing prominently; I turned to him as he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the shops. There was an outfit sitting out on the counter which he was gesturing at. It was a black, silk, strapless dress with silver sequins on it that glistened in the light. It was full body length and when I tried it on it was a perfect fit; I twirled around and felt it wisp at my ankles gently.

We left the shop and it wasn’t until we were getting into his car that I realised that I had no idea why I just bought a dress. "What’s this for Kane?" I asked softly.

"We’re going to a ball." He replied mischievously with a smirk that sent cold shivers down my spine.

[A/N: Sorry that this chapter was so short... I will make it up to you in the next one. VOTE! COMMENT! VOTE! FAN!]