CHAPTER 24: The Past Problems

John sat down in a chair in the office.
"Are you sure you are ready for this?" Jacob asked. "Everything that's happened after Lincoln's death will be changed, and there will be things that may be different because of temporal distortions." John scoffed.
"Just do it already." He replied quickly. Jacob shuffled in front of him. He started saying a chant. His eyes went white and he started levitating. As this happened, John's vision blurred. A few moments later he completely blacked out.

John awoke suddenly. He was in his apartment. He stood up quickly and looked at the date. Yep, this was the day Lincoln killed himself. He quickly got dressed and ran out the door. He had to get to Oak ridge before Lincoln jumped. He pulled out his phone to call Jack. He knew he was close to Lincoln so he would totally rush over to help, but as soon as he saw his contacts he stopped. There were some new names, and some were gone. Pictures were different. He thought maybe this was some phone bug. As he ran to the building he called Jack. The phone picked up.
"Hello? John?" Jack asked.
"I don't have enough time to explain, Jack. Just get to Oak ridge. Lincolns gonna kill himself!"
"What!? Ill be right there!" Jack said as he hung up. John kept running. As he navigated through the city, different things surprised him. Some buildings were different. Roads had different names, but as he approached the building, Oak ridge was clearly the same. John was about to run in when Jack called out to him.
"John wait!" He yelled. Jack ran up to John. John sighed as he saw him. He remembered what Jacob had said about things being different, but as far as he could tell, Jack was exactly the same.
"Thank god you're here." John said. "We have to stop Lincoln. Come on!" He yelled. The two men ran to the sky bridge. As soon as they got up, they saw Lincoln climbing onto the edge.
"LINCOLN STOP!" Jack yelled. Lincoln muttered without looking towards them.
"I'm sorry." And he fell foward. John raised to the edge and jumped off.
"What are you doing!?" Jack yelled. The two young men fell through the air. John grabbed onto Lincoln's collar, and closed his eyes. A flash of lightning struck and the two reapeared on the bridge. Jack fell backwards. The three men sat on the bridge. Lincoln looked shocked. Jack turned to him.
"What were you thinking!? You could of died." He yelled. As this occurred, several policemen showed up.
"Did you just jump off the building young man?!" He asked in shock. Lincoln hung his head. The officer turned around.
"Get this kid a ambulance." He turned back towards him. "Come with me son."

Lincoln was taken away by ambulance to the nearest hospital. Jack and John stood outside the building.
"How did you know he was gonna jump?" Jack asked him.
"It doesnt matter." John replied. "You should get back to Natalie. Shes probably worried sick about you and Lincoln." Jack looked confused.
"Natalie? Who's Natalie?"