CHAPTER 17: Willow Street

Evergreen was quiet. The normal tricks and laughter replaced with an empty void of silence. Natalie and Jack's suspension was over, but Mr. National was ok with them not coming back yet. Lincoln's parents came down from Siberia to attend the funeral. People spread rumors about why he did it, but only Natalie and Jack knew the real reason.

Natalie was walking down a street. It was a rainy day, and Jack was at work. She was soaked to the bone, her thin wind breaker barely blocking out the rain. She walked into Pinegrove Cafe, and ordered a hot chocolate. She grabbed a newspaper and sat down at a table. As she sipped her cocoa, she flipped the pages of the newspaper. Adds for vacuum cleaners, used cars, and other crap were everywhere. Then something caught her eye. An add in the bottom right hand corner of a page

JACOB RICHARDSON
EXORCIST, RESURECTIONIST, DEMONOLIGIST, WARLOCK, SORCERER, PERSONAL INVESTIGATOR, THEREPIST, NOVELIST, DOCTOR

Natalie scoffed at the claim at first. It made no sense.
"Sorcerer? Really?" She mumbled under her breath, "Magic isnt even real." But after she said it, she started to think. Why would someone claim to do something that doesn't exist? She looked at the add again.

349 WILLOW STREET

Natalie thought about it a little while longer.
"Resurectionist?"

Willow street was a gloomy place. Even on a rainy day like this, Natalie felt weirded out by this place. It looked like a normal road. On one side there were alleyways and some stores. Two apartment buildings in the middle. On the other there was a bank, a Chinese restaurant, and a ivory colored building. Smaller then the other buildings, probably two stories high, but it had a weird aura about it. One look and Natalie knew this is was the place she was looking for. She started to walk over to the building, but she was grabbed and pulled over into an alley way. Three men dressed in black surounded her.
"Well lookie what we found here boys," the one in the middle said, "A pretty little girl." The other two giggled. Natalie's hands lit on fire.
"Get away from me, perverts!" She yelled. The two on the sides backed away a little, but the third smirked. He snapped and some mud off the ground wrapped itself around her hands and feet and pinned her to a wall. He pulled out a small pocket knife.
"You're feisty!" He licked his lips and zipped down her wind breaker, revealing a button up top. "I like you." He cut off the first few buttons of her top, revealing her bra.
"Hey!" A voice shouted out. In the opening of the alley way, a man stood there. Probably around his mid twentys, around 6'2. He had pale skin, choppy brown hair and peach fuzz. He wore a black dress shirt, khaki pants, a gray long coat and a white scarf. "Leave her alone." He warned them. The middle guy laughed.
"What are you going to do about it, there's three of us and one of you!" He yelled. The man muttered something under his breath, extended his hand, and a small lightning bolt shot out straight into the middle guys chest. He groaned as he fell to the floor, his shirt sizzling. The mud around Natalie's limbs came loose and she fell onto her knees. The man looked at the other two men.
"Run." He said. They waited maybe a second before booking it out of there. He walked over to Natalie, and helped her up.
"Lets get you inside, before you catch a cold." He said, nodding towards the ivory building.
"Who are you?" She asked the man. He smirked.
"My name is Jacob Richardson, and your here cause you need someone brought back from the dead."

Hey guys! Sorry it took a while. I have something going on this week so having the time to write has been a little tough. I promise soon I will get back to my normal schedule, but it will have to wait for now. Thanks for understanding.
Your weirdo author
-Sh3rl0ck_1