CHAPTER 19: Dead and Back Again

"Are we done yet?" Natalie asked. "We've been picking Honeysuckle for the past hour." Natalie, Jacob, and Rose had been going around the city all day looking for ingredients for Lincoln's resurrection. The had gotten weird liquids, vials, and had choped off the tail of a raccoon. Natalie didnt like watching that last one. Jacob rolled his eyes from a nearby bush.
"Do you want to bring back your friend or not?" He replied. They kept at it for a little longer. Once they had filled a few trachbags full of Honeysuckle, they backed away.
"That should be enough." Jacob said. Natalie looked at him.
"What now?" She inquired. Rose turned to them.
"We get the body." Natalie's eyes widened.
"Oh." She expressed. Jacob muttered something and the bags disappeared. He turned to her.
"Cemetery isnt far from here. Lets get a move on so we can get the body before anyone gets........curious. Natalie rolled her eyes and started walking with them to the cemetary.

When they arrived at the cemetery it was around Nine pm. They searched through the headstones till they found Lincoln's.
"Here we are." Natalie said. Jacob muttered something Natalie couldn't understand and three shovels appeared. Natalie grabbed hers, along with Jacob and Rose. Rose grinned.
"Ladies first!" She said, shoving Natalie forward. She hesitated for a second. She closed her eyes then started to dig.
"Natalie?!" A voice said from behind them. The three turned around quickly. Nova was standing there, her brother John standing next to her. She had a look of horror on her face. Jacob looked at Natalie.
"You know these two?" He asked.
"Yeah. She's my friend." Natalie responded. John cocked his head.
"What are you doing?" He asked. Rose looked him up and down and smiled.
"We're resurrecting her friend." Nova stared at them.
"You're what?!" She yelled.
"We're running out of time Natalie, please get your friend to shut up or we cant do this." The two sorcerers started digging faster. Natalie dropped her shovel and walked up to Nova.
"Look, Lincoln died before his time. He wad upset and didnt know what he was doing, and now we have a chance to bring him back. We need Lincoln in our life, and you can't change my mind." Nova grabbed Natalie's hands. She smiled at her.
"Then let me help." Natalie smiled at her. Rose tapped Natalie's shoulder.
"If your done looking in each others eyes, we're ready." They two girls looked back towards the grave.  Jacob stood there with the sarcophagus floating next to him. Rose, Nova, and Natalie started walking towards it.
"So no one is going to question how magic is a thing. Just me? Ok." John muttered under his breath. Jacob cracked open the lid to the coffin.
"Remember, there will be consequences to this. The laws of magic keep me from telling you everything, but I can still give you the choice. Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?" Natalie looked to Nova, then back to him.
"Yes."
"Ok." Jacob snapped and the ingredients appeared.
"By the power of Reunic, and the multi-stage magic of the Hearthfeind, I command the spirits to release their grasp on this boy." As he spoke Lincolns body rose in the air. Honeysuckle flew around him, to the point where they couldn't see him anymore. Then it burst into a bright orange flame. Nova screamed. Rose grabbed her.
"No, he's almost done." Jacob started floating. His eyes went full white.
"Now, bring him back from the realm of the dead!" The area around them exploded into smoke. Natalie could hear Jacob fall onto the ground. As the smoke cleared, a figure was standing by the headstone. Lincoln stood there. His hair was dead black. His skin was almost completely white. He wore the black suit from his funeral, but it was tattered and ruined.
"What's going on?" He asked. He looked at Rose and Jacob. "Who are you?" He asked. As he spoke, a giant crash was heard. From across the cemetery, another figure appeared. Natalie looked at Jacob.
"Uh, Jacob. Who is that?" It started walking towards them, and they could see it more clearly. It wore a tailcoat, one side was white and the other was black with a purple flower attached. It's collar was like Draculas, and it wore a large black top hat. But the most weird thing was that its head was a pumpkin, and its hands were vines. John laughed.
"That thing looks like Halloween vomited on Jack the ripper!" Jacob looked concerned.
"Hey, "That thing" is Lazurus, the death stalker. And we have to beat him in order for Lincoln to keep his life."