CHAPTER 22: Sorrow

John sat in his quiet apartment. The room was cold, enough so that he could see his breath, but he didn't care. A month had passed since that living Halloween ornament kidnapped his sister, and so far, no word from that stupid magic man. After the battle, Jacob and Rose had returned to their office, looking for ways to find her. Natalie and that stupid Lincoln dude had reunited with their friends. John wished he could of been their, see how Natalie explains how he came back but sent his sister away. He sat their, waiting for answers, knowing he wouldn't get any. As he sat there, there was a knock at his door. He looked at the door, but didnt get up. There was another knock, then a voice.
"I know you are in there John." Bruno's voice came from behind the door. "Let me in." John looked away from the door.
"Go away." He replied.
"How long are you planning on staying in there. Its not like sitting in the cold is going to bring her back." He said. On a normal day, John would would probably hurt him for saying that. Instead, tears started rolling down his face.
"Leave me alone." He whispered. A few moments passed, then a note was slipped under the door.
"Just because you lose someone you love, doesn't mean you can ignore everyone else." Bruno said. John could hear him leave. John stood up, and walked to the door. He grabbed the note, and then opened it.

Dear John,
Why didnt you tell me she's missing? John, you cant keep things like that from me. I know you hate me for what I've done to you, but refusing to let me know that my own daughter is gone! I cant beleive you would do such a thing. I was right to send you away from us. You really are a monster.
- Mother

Of course that's the only reason she would write. No how are you, just scrutiny. He hated her, she never respected him. Not after his dad died. She had some nerve, accusing him of being a monster when she has no idea what happened, especially on a day like this. He threw the note in the trash, then walked over to his fridge. On it only hung a ripped picture, his family. A man, a son, a daughter, then a tear. He looked at the girl in the picture. Tears continued to roll down his face.
"Happy birthday, Nova."