Chapter 3: Two Enter, One Leaves

Afterwhile, Lee and Carley came back to the Drug Store with Glenn and the supplies he was able to get. The three tried to save a woman at the motor inn but unfortunately it turned out she was bitten and, through some circumstances, she grabbed Carley's gun and killed herself. Glenn was upset by this as he was hoping to start a relationship with the woman and also seeing her shoot herself in the head didn't help.

After he got back, Lee went to go help Doug lookout at the front section of the store. There from across the street, he saw a body crushed under a pole that was wearing scrubs. He realized that the body was his brother and he knew that at least his brother would have the key to the pharmacy.

Using the axe he picked up back at the motor inn, he chopped the lock off of the gate while Doug used the remote control Lee gave him and was able to program the controller to the TV's across the street in a store. Lee reaches out and grabbed a brick then threw it at the glass window where the static sounds of the TV could be heard and distract the walkers while Lee goes over to his brother.

Taking a moment of silence, Lee kills his brother and found the keys and makes a run for it as some walkers took notice of him. He makes it back inside and goes over to Lilly, showing the keys to the pharmacy.

"I've got the keys." He said to her. She stands up and smiles at him. "Great! God, you're amazing!" She exclaims, happily. "Let's get in there."

The two adults go through the office and head towards the door to the pharmacy. He inserts the key into the lock and unlocks it. He opens the door and enters when suddenly an alarm goes off.

"Oh no."

"Ah, shit." Lee growls and he and Lilly run into the pharmacy and begins to look through the shelves. "We gotta hurry!" She said as the two look for the pills.

They manage to find the pills and they start to tell everyone to get ready as the noise of the alarm was luring the walkers to the store. "Duck, c'mon baby, time to go." Katjaa said to Duck as Carley grabs her gun the turns to you. "Stay close to me, babygirl." She said and you nod.

"I'm gonna get the truck pulled up 'round back." Kenny shouts to everyone. "Do it fast. I've got to get my dad out of here." Lilly said, frantically.
"I don't plan on dilly-dallying." Kenny shouts at her before he turns to his wife. "Honey, take Duck into the office and barricade the living hell out of the door behind me."

She nods as he turns to Glenn. "Glenn, when you hear me honking in the alley, start getting people out of here." He exclaims. "You got it." Glenn said as he begins to run. "Doug, Carley and Lee, you guys make sure our defenses stay up til then. And Lee, I better take that axe, in case I run into any of them on the way to my truck." Kenny said and Lee picks up his axe and tosses it to Kenny. "Here you go." Lee said as Kenny catches the axe.

"Guys, that doors not locked anymore." Doug warned as they hear the gates open. Carley turns to you and said. "Go over to Clement, stick together." You nod and you go over to Clem as her, Lee and Doug go to the front door and try to hold it up as best as they could.

There was a few times a walker busted the door open but the three were able to hold it up until one barricade of the building fell and some walkers came through. Carley pulls out her gun and takes care of what she could.

"Clement! (Y/N)! Can either of you look for something to stick in-between the handles! Something real strong, ok?!" Lee said to you two.
"Ok!" You two said and both of you sprinted around the store to find anything but there was nothing. "Did you kids find anything?" Lee calls out. "Nothing!" Clem shouts but suddenly you got an idea. "Wait a minute!" You exclaimed and you run to the office and grabbed the cane.

You run back with the cane in your hand as you see Doug went over to the other side, holding the window as walkers were trying to get in. Lee was the only one holding up the door as you run up to him. "I found something!" You said as you hand him the cane. Lee takes the cane and shoves it between the handle.

Lee let's out a sigh of relief when suddenly he heard both Carley and Doug calling out for help. You and Clem look around in fear as Lee run over to Carley's purse and pulls out the ammo for her gun. He tosses the clip to her and she catches it, loads her gun and fires at the oncoming walkers. Meanwhile, Doug was pulled through the windows and was being eating by the walkers.

You and Clem gasp as you hear Doug screaming in pain and agony before his screams stop completely.
"Oh my God." Carley mutters in fear before she continues to fire at the walkers.

"Let's go!" Kenny shouts as he bursts back into the store and Carley comes over to you, grabs your hand and the two of you run towards the office while Lee hears Clem scream as a Walker grabbed his leg. Lee runs over and starts stomping on the Walker's head until it let's go of Clem's leg and he begins to run towards the back door, Lee right behind him.

But as he gets to the door, Larry stood there and stops Lee. "You're not coming with us, you son of a bitch!" He shouts as he punches Lee in the face. "No!!" Clem shouts as Larry leads him out towards the door.

Lee shakes his head in a daze when Kenny comes back and raises his axe to hit the Walker that was coming upon Lee. "I'm not letting somebody else get eaten today." Kenny said as he holds his hand out to Lee. Lee takes his hand and Kenny pulls him to his feet as he says. "Especially a good friend." And the two men run through the back door and towards his truck and they speed off towards the motor end.

At the motor inn, you and Clem watch all the adults drag and pile up all of the Walker bodies as Glenn has the radio in his car turned up, listening for any updates. You start to walk away when Duck came up to you and started talking about random things, Clem joined in later.

Eventually, you guys could hear what sounding like screaming and gunshots going on down the road before suddenly they stopped.

Lee walks over to Glenn and talks to him. Glenn tells Lee that he needs to go to Atlanta cuz his friends are there.
Lee gives him his blessing that he can leave and Glenn bid him farewell as he gets into his car and drives off.

Lee goes over to Kenny and thanks him for saving him back at the drug store. Then he goes over to Carley to check on her. She was still alittle shaken up about what happened to Doug but thanked Lee for saving her and for giving her a longer time in this world with you. Lee nods at her before he goes to check on Clem, who sitting next to you while Duck rambles on about some comic book.

"Hey Duck, you want to cool it for a minute?" Lee asked him. "Ok, sorry." Duck said, apologetically, as Lee kneels down to Clem. "I'm sorry, there's uh, not alot of kids here." He says to Clem. "No, it's not that! I got grabbed again." Clem replied to him.
"I was there though." said Lee.

"I fell....and my walkie-talkie broke. Glenn had the other one." Clem said, his voice full of tears. "Aww, I'm sorry." Lee said to him. "Thanks. I know I need to be tough, I'm just sad. I know it doesn't make any sense but it's how I used to talk to my mom and dad and now they're gone. It's gone." Clem said as a tear runs down his face.

"Maybe we can find you another one." Lee suggested but Clem shakes his head. "I'll just keep this one, I guess." He said and Lee gives him a sad look until Larry calls him over. "Let me go deal with this." Lee said to Clem as he stands up and goes over to Larry while you place a hand on Clem's shoulder.

"I'm sorry about walkie-talkie." You said as he just looks down. "Maybe we can fix it." You said but before Clem could reply, Duck comes up and starts talking your ear off about random stuff. Meanwhile, Lee was being threatened once again by Larry.

Then all of you heard a noise in the distance, it sounded like a helicopter. "I hope that's the sound of us winning this thing." Kenny shouts. "Me too." Lilly said. "This motor inn is pretty damn dependable. We block off the entrances with some cars and keep someone on watch and we could stay here til the military rolls through." said Kenny.

"I actually agree with that plan." Lilly said.

"Me too." Lee piped.

"We've got beds, we've got water and most importantly, we've got light. There are worse places to call home." Kenny said. "Yeah, you're right. You know guys, I think it's going to be ok." said Lilly.

And suddenly, the power to the motor inn goes off, plunging everyone into the darkness of the night.