Chapter 6

The next week was absolute hell. Boredom is the worst enemy I've had to face all week. I've gotten so bored that I've started to pretend having my own tv show, pretending living my best life.. It's gotten to that level of boredom.

I sat on the floor observing the ceiling until I heard a knock.

"Who is it?" I shot up and scrambled to the door.

"It's me, Ophion." The door opened and he stepped in.

"Oh," I sneered and crossed my arms. "What do you want?"

"Well, I think I've been a little unfair to keep you locked up in here-"

"It's not fair that you've kidnaped me and brought me here only to basically be owned by you, but go on."

Ophion sighed and looked around awkwardly.

"Well I've been thinking, maybe I can make it up to you. How does a ball party sound?"

That does sound interesting, but I'm not even going to know anybody there.

"I know that it might not seem like it, but I do know a lot of people that I could invite. "

"You know people?" I scoffed.

"I swear Nola, if you don't stop insulting me then we're not going to be doing anything at all."

So he kidnaps me, calls me his friend, treats me like shit, only to do absolutely nothing? To make my life nothing but boredom? Okay.

"This mansion was given to me by a friend that I've helped. If it wasn't for me, then he wouldn't be in the position of power. In short, I've helped him become the ruler of an entire country, so he'll do basically any favor I ask for." Ophion took ahold of my arm and lead me out of the room.

"Is this just a last minute thing?" I followed and the halls started getting lighter.

"No, I've been setting this up for a week now all in your favor. "

"Why for me?"

"Think of it like a welcoming party. Everyone knew you in your past life."

"Really? How?" Maybe I was famous...

"I don't even know. You just made a lot of good friends. I however, was your best friend. " Ophion smiled.

"Don't lie, stop feeding your ego."

The two of us continue to walk through the halls, and we finally come to a stop at a huge pair of doors that look like they are made of gold. Ophion pushed the doors open to reveal what looks like a ball room.

The room was decorated with gold and ethereal pictures on the ceiling

The room was decorated with gold and ethereal pictures on the ceiling. Countless candles and chandeliers were all over the place. The wooden floors looked like they would be heaven to slide on with slippery fuzzy socks.