Chapter 1

I really hope that I pass high school. I really do. 

I walk to the Cafeteria, the place that I meet all of my friends before the bell rings for first period at 8:00AM.

Not a lot of kids are here yet. It's 7: 41AM, the first day of school. It would make plenty of sense. i look around the room hoping to find at least one familiar face, and i did find one. Lucky me. 

He is sitting on one of the lunch tables while playing a mobile game. I walk over to my friend.  I've known since sophomore year. Of course he isn't one of my best friends, but he is still a pretty good friend. 

"Hey, Kyler." I stood in front of him looking down at him while he stared at his phone.

he looks up at me with a tired but excited expression. He must be glad to see someone he knows too. 

"Hey Nola!" He smiled and put his phone to the side. 

Of course he was playing Toon Blast. He has a thing for playing that game to pass time. 

"So, uh, how are you?" I sit down next to him and relax a little.

"Tired and nervous, but overall pretty good." 

"Thats a mood. " 

"Isn't it against the rules to have un-natural colored hair?" He pointed to my hair. 

It's dyed a dark purple. I dyed it over the summer when my mom wasn't home. I knew I would get in trouble but at that point I stoped caring. It was a miracle that it didn't fuck up. Of course i got in trouble later that day, but it didn't kill me.

"Yeah, but who's gonna stop me? The hair police?" 

"No, but the teachers will." He had a "Matter of Fact" tone.

"Chill, I saw several girls with dark purple hair last year. They were not told to go change it. so I think its fine." 

I looked over to the cafeteria door and saw a small group of other kids come in. I scanned the group and saw mostly freshmen all dressed up nice for the first day, amongst them were two seniors,  my two friends. One of them looked like trash. Of course it was my best friend.

there was Kylee and Rose. 

Kylee didn't look too bad. She was wearing Skinny jeans, a Thrasher hoodie, and some beat up Converse. She also had on some pretty good makeup.

Rose on the other hand looked like a queen. a trash queen. she was wearing bootleg jeans with Vans and a SMU Mustangs hoodie with her hair in a real messy bun. (a real messy bun meaning that it looked messy, not trendy.) with some mascara. 

Kylee did a small run over to me and gave Kyler and I a small sideways hug with a smile.

"I missed you guys so much!" she said excitedly.

Those words right there? Probably a lie. We didn't even text much over the summer, and if we did, the messages were so dry. 

Rose walked over to me as Kylee finished her hug. 

"hold this." she handed me her backpack and finished chugging a Starbucks vanilla double-shot energy drink .  

Kyler stared at her in amazement and Kylee snatched her Second double-shot coffee. 

"I think the fuck not, thot." Rose took the Coffee back and popped it open. 

"you go Rose, you queen. you're doing great." I said while she was chugging the second one.