Chapter 10 Eggnog

(Edited)

As Christmas approaches Varity brighten smile dimmed. Every light, decoration, snowflake reminded her of her mother. She became depressed not even showing up to help the team. That was till Caitlin came around helping her gain enough confidence to head to work which led to today.

She was sitting with her favorite blanket from her mother wrap around staring into the distance.

She felt someone place there hands on top of her making her flinch looking ahead seeing Barry eye level.

"Varity.." He held a gift in her hands. "What this?" She ask confused. "It's a Christmas present it a small token of my gratitude for everything you guys have done for me this year."She lunge at him wrapping her arms around her neck as he smiled against her.

"Thank you Barry." She unwrapped herself from him. He stood up straight extending his hand out for her to take. She look up at him hesitating but gave in. "Should I open this now or later?"

"Save it for later at night." She nodded. He held her hand the whole time as he took out a canister. "What that?" Caitlin ask curiously. "This is complimence from Iris grandma Esther famous eggnog."

"That what I'm talking about." Cisco said as he sassily walk toward him.
"Maybe later for me. Wouldn't want to drink and drive" Harrison look away from Barry. "Yeah me too I'm a little under the weather." Varity escorted her father to his car safely.

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry ask looking at Caitlin and Cisco. "No they um, this use to be both of there favorite time of year but the accident happened before Christmas it kinda ruined the holiday." Cisco explained.

"I'm going to get them a present maybe that will cheer them up." Caitlin rush out

⚡❤⚡

Varity was back at home wrapping gifts for her friends and writing note cards. She received a phone call from Barry saying she needed to head to Star Labs it was a emergency.

She walk into Star Labs seeing everyone anxious. She decided to stand at the door way and listen in. "The witness describe seeing a yellow blur just like the one who kill Barry mother." Varity heart fell to the pit of her stomach. "We need to stop this speed psycho." Cisco place a candy cane in his mouth. Varity walk over to the computer station stealing a candy cane from his stash. Cisco look at her offended. "I'm stress." She spoke looking at the floor. He gave in seeing her pout he even gave her an extra.