Chapter 2

The guard seemed to never stop talking, it should have been annoying but it was somehow comforting. Maybe it was because I'm used too people being scared of me.
"I'm sorry, I forget to introduce myself my name is Ben and your's?"the guard spoke when he remembered his manners.
Yes he isn't scared of us brother.
I ignored the voice," My name is Seth".
Ben smiles at me and continued to talk.
" It might take till noon before we reach the palace at this pace but if we are to push the horses we could cut the time by half. I guess you would have to get a saddle first." He looked at me waiting for a reply but when I didn't say anything he continued.
" We can move at this brisk walk if you want to?"
"The walk would be fine"
Ben ruffled his head obviously wanting to move at a faster rate. We passed different shops in the way. Cats from a shop hissed at us as we passed a pet shop, the smell of roasted meat and ale drifted from a inn we passed. Other mounted people road pass us and we had to change routes more than once because of the stream of merchant's wagons passing.
The smell of food from various inns made me remember that I hadn't eaten since yesterday-cities have a way of chasing away most animals- making my stomach to rumble. I hoped I got to eat soon.
I noticed the way different streets and alleys led to the same place and the way we went in circles once in a while much to the obvious dismay of Ben. He obviously didn't Know the roads well and he was surprisingly given to me as a guide.
Ben suddenly stopped when we took another turn so I rode to his side. Blocking our route where four elves noticable by the elongated ears stretching out of their helmets. The four elves were of roughly the same height, all four were armed with a bow and a long dagger. Their armour were dark brown in colour with a deer emblem on the left side of their breastplates.
"I completely forgot about the elves". Ben groaned, I looked at his own blue armour and found a lion emblem on the side of his helmet which signified a city guard.
"You don't know another route do you?". I already guessed the answer so I wasn't surprised when he said that he didn't. I noticed his hands straying towards his sword, he gripped the sword till his knuckles went white. Probably had the same animosity most people have to others of different races.
"So what are the guards for". Ben gave me a look, he seemed surprised by my question.
"I thought everyone knew. The elves...",he grimaced before speaking again "...have come to drop a representative here as a way to keep the peace and here I was worried I had forgotten when you don't even Know about what is happening."Ben gave me a grin as he finished talking but his expression went completely sour once he looked at the elves again.
I heard the sound of hooves long before a procession came into our sights. All the elves there were either riding on a white horse or an oversized deer. A few minutes after the last horse passed the four elves blocking our part left. Ben said something about bloody elves before riding forward while I hoped this change of events wouldn't affect my plans.