prologue

I looked at my house as it burned , burned my world, burned all I knew, burned my dreams and burned my mother. Fire it destroyed took everything from me, I have always been scared of it and that caused my mother's life.
I looked at my side to see one of my brothers looking up at me. Jax was probably scared for life. The left side of his face was burned when he tried to drag our mother out of the burning house. I placed my hand on his head rubbing the fur that escaped the flames. His ears dropped whily other two brothers howled.
I took a step towards the house but paused when I noticed a wing made of fire burst out of the roof. I was rooted to the spot as I watched a pheonix's head burst out of my house holding a limb in it's beak. I didn't need anymore proof to know that my mother was dead.
I had hoped she had miraculously survived.
The Phoenix swallowed the limb probably the last piece of my mother and let out a screech. I felt tears roll down my face as I cried knowing I would never hear my mother's voice again. I cried as I realized that she was dead because of I was weak because I couldn't face my fears because of the cruelty of the world because I arrived into this world through her.
The pheonix rose from the ruins that was my home and took to the skies. The pheonix soon resembled a shooting star. I clenched my fist as I reasoned that my mom would still be alive if she lived in the village if she wasn't cast out for giving birth to a monster. The cursed one as I was popularly called or wolf boy what the children called me.
I felt the wolves (my brothers) enter my body to form a tattoo that extended from my lower back, pass my neck and stopped around my right eye in the shape of a wolf with it's mouth wide open. My right eye which glowed a bright purple color give me a sinister look. My mom was exiled because she gave birth to a monster, a child who ran with wolves and was born with a tattooed body, slightly pointed ears and hair so white it looked transparent.
I turned away from the house pushing the smell of burnt wood and flesh from my mind. I felt pain run from the wrist of my right hand to my elbow. I looked at the hand and noticed bright purple lines that moved slowly in a random pattern around the hand. It wasn't there before today. I let out a mad laugh.. maybe I am really cursed.